Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What I can't get over is all the excuses why they won't make Fozzie. First it was cause they couldn't find a factory to make him THEN they said that not many people would be interested in him and lack of preorders. So what is it? I can tell you that there is a lot of stuff on the MR website that I know whould not go over to the public very well and they still sell the stuff. What a poor excuse for them not making him, and in the long run, what a waste of time and money on there part.
Fozzie is not a priority or (even if successful) a good money-maker when compared to other MR items. There is a lack of interest in both customers and factories. I am going to say this in every post on this topic: MR should get their current poser prototype Fozzie in a room with collectors every chance they get! :embarrassed:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Have you seen the other junk they are trying to sell? Mario Brothers mini figures? or what about the Golden Compase mini ships that I saw at Toys R Us that where on sale for $2.00 caquse they where not selling? I can keep going on and on. Since MR lost the Star Wars license, they went totally down hill and trying to find aother licenses to keep going on. This is very obvious.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Fozzie is not a priority or (even if successful) a good money-maker when compared to other MR items. There is a lack of interest in both customers and factories. I am going to say this in every post on this topic: MR should get their current poser prototype Fozzie in a room with collectors every chance they get! :embarrassed:
Unfortuately, that wont help.Collectors dont seem to be interested in him.on figures.com there were only 2 votes, 1 for and 1 against.Action-figure.com also attracted only 2 votes, however they were both for, although 1 wasnt paying top dollar.
and on disneyworldtrivia.com, 1 top vote and 4 votes of under $400 and 1 no.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Unfortuately, that wont help.Collectors dont seem to be interested in him.on figures.com there were only 2 votes, 1 for and 1 against.Action-figure.com also attracted only 2 votes, however they were both for, although 1 wasnt paying top dollar.
and on disneyworldtrivia.com, 1 top vote and 4 votes of under $400 and 1 no.
I meant that collectors need to see Fozzie Bear again *in person* at a convention. That is what created the best buzz. The idea of such a poser (from the past Gonzo and Animal pieces and photographs) has proven to be unreliable representations for such a top-dollar product. If MR sticks Fozzie out there in a booth *at a convention* with the rest of their products I believe he would steal the show. That’s the first barrier to break. They did it once; they should do it again to get preliminary or speculative pre-orders. I just don't see much steam around MR's marketing department. I'm still weirded by the Mayhem figurines. I don't think they ever had a solid plan. :sympathy:

Luke

Reaction score
I agree with that. :halo: There was so little advertising for all of these really. And we forget that Kermit did sell through, but he did take a lot longer than expected (well over a year). That shouldn't have happened. I will also never get over the poor photos of Gonzo and Animal. It was almost like some gremlin with a camera at MR wanted all the posers to himself and tried to tank the line! :eek:
Yea totally, they didn't exploit the presentation and marketing opportunities they could have - we never heard of these in collectors magazines like we did the figures, and it's a shame they couldn't have sold through some of the larger Disney stores or something. I don't know whether they tried, or it just wasn't a priority but it must have made things even worse saleswise added to the lack of much other Muppet exposure in the press. Seems like they just got the license a little too early what with all this new Muppet stuff happening. The new projects might increase dealers and specifically Disney partners/distributors to get involved with Fozzie now, if as you say they were to try again with him so i hope they do. I have all 3 posers now and the main reason i ever bought them was because i saw Terry's Fozzie. :embarrassed:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I wonder who their marketing manager is now? Whoever it is needs to get The Muppets back on the priority list; maybe showcase a write-up in the next few newsletters about his situation, get the toy collectors' market buzzing again.

I totally agree with Jamie about the Fozzie proto being displayed in all upcoming shows. SOMEBODY needs to actually try and sell this guy! They can't just count on the hardcore fans spreading the word, somebody at MR should be getting paid for that.

stiqman

Reaction score
I believe that MR owes it to all the current collectors of this series to complete this last proto-type and then if they decide to move on then they can since NO Ms. Piggy proto-type has been made, and she has always been up in the air in the first place whether she would ever be made.

I will always be disappointed in MR for not completing the fozzie since it has been built up and companies have been putting it out there to pre-order.

I never pre-order from the other places because I will only order from MR and have for all three muppets so far. I am greatly disappointed in MR.....unless they start taking better responsibility for there choices.

I am interested in buying Fozzie Bear!

Daryl H

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Calling All Creative Persons

I have a challenge for those of us that want the bear. Who would be interested in taking a photo of their own replicas in an artistic manner that shows them for the awesome replicas they are (which MR SHOULD have done, but hey) and putting them into a promotional email that can be passed on, and on, and on, and on, and on...and on. I would suggest the style of the email should be done in the traditional Muppet Show theme that would reignite nostalgia of the people whom are most likely to buy these ie. people aged 25+ and not the modern Disney-era Muppets look.

I think if we were to do this (and quickly) we could raise the interest in this line (and Fozzie) very quickly and get the support needed to take this line forward. Now I know this may "fracture" a few international property rights BUT it is essentially done for the right reason and NOT for anyones financial gain. C'mon folks, I know alot of here are from a creative background so let show the folks at Master Replicas how it should have been done.

stiqman

Reaction score
I have a challenge for those of us that want the bear. Who would be interested in taking a photo of their own replicas in an artistic manner that shows them for the awesome replicas they are (which MR SHOULD have done, but hey) and putting them into a promotional email that can be passed on, and on, and on, and on, and on...and on. I would suggest the style of the email should be done in the traditional Muppet Show theme that would reignite nostalgia of the people whom are most likely to buy these ie. people aged 25+ and not the modern Disney-era Muppets look.

I think if we were to do this (and quickly) we could raise the interest in this line (and Fozzie) very quickly and get the support needed to take this line forward. Now I know this may "fracture" a few international property rights BUT it is essentially done for the right reason and NOT for anyones financial gain. C'mon folks, I know alot of here are from a creative background so let show the folks at Master Replicas how it should have been done.
I like this idea....I think that we just need someone with a graphic artist background and take the pictures already done on the other posts and fancy them up and that should be enough.........since we already have some pictures on this site that are great with the replica's. We would only need permission to use a few of them to move Fozzie ahead.

Just my thoughts.

Daryl H