What if Sesame Street was ANIMATED ?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
There's not to many animated shows, especially since PBS is the only place with credible animation (sans anime)--for the most part--anymore.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Maybe I should restate my original question...

What if Sesame Street was fully animated, just for 1 show/ tv special in celebration of the 40th anniversary ?

Is that a little better ?

I don't know. That might turn out to be as bad as the pop-up book thing for Elmo's Christmas Countdown. I don't think fans would want to see a 40th anniversary special done that way.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It just depends, for there are various generations of fans and they all have their own views as to what makes a good special.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I liked the animation style used in Follow that Bird. Though I know feature film animation is more expensive to pull off than television animation.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I liked it too, but it reminded me of how the title sequences of the Honey, I (We) Shrunk...saga was done.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I liked that too. Joe Mathieu is the guy i would love to see do a Sesame Street Animated show. Not an hour show just a 30 minute show.

wiley207

Reaction score
Joe Mathieu was one of my all-time favorite Sesame Street artists as a kid. Many of the Sesame Street Random House Pictureback books I had as a kid (the "A Visit to the Sesame Street..." series, "Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum," "We're Different, We're the Same," "A My Name is Alice" and "Sesame Street Stays Up Late") were all illustrated by Joe Mathieu. I also enjoyed his work in "The Exciting Adventures of Super Grover" and "The Sesame Street Dictionary." When it comes to the styles he does, I like the style he did in the 1980s and 1990s best, like here:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/9/99/Book.weredifferentsame.jpg

I think his and Tom Cooke's styles are the most distinctive.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Their styles are certainly distinct and stand out, that's "fer sure".

Erine81981

Reaction score
Joe Mathieu was one of my all-time favorite Sesame Street artists as a kid. Many of the Sesame Street Random House Pictureback books I had as a kid (the "A Visit to the Sesame Street..." series, "Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum," "We're Different, We're the Same," "A My Name is Alice" and "Sesame Street Stays Up Late") were all illustrated by Joe Mathieu. I also enjoyed his work in "The Exciting Adventures of Super Grover" and "The Sesame Street Dictionary." When it comes to the styles he does, I like the style he did in the 1980s and 1990s best, like here:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/9/99/Book.weredifferentsame.jpg

I think his and Tom Cooke's styles are the most distinctive.
I love that book. I bought it several months back. It's so far one of my favorites.