What if Sesame Street was ANIMATED ?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'm a bit disappointed that no place where I am sells said books.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If SS was originally animated, I doubt Jim Henson would've been involved.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Why? His characters were for Muppet Babies, need one forget.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If SS was originally animated, I doubt Jim Henson would've been involved.
Exactly. They could have got a veteran animator instead of a veteran puppeteer. And if it originally was a cartoon, it clearly wouldn't have lasted that long. Educational cartoons of the 60's were a mixed bag... we either got something memorable like "Tennessee Tuxedo" or something unentertaining and forgetable like the wrongly named "Funny Company"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Tennessee Tuxedo was created out of the FCC chairman Newton Minnow's call that TV is a vast cultural wasteland. TT taught us about how things worked, and how things are done. of course, they worked that sort of thing into the storyline a BILLIONDY times better than Funny Company (from the one episode I'veeen... and all I need to see).

That said, a cartoon SS would be nothing but reruns past a couple seasons. It's the balance of Puppet, human, animation, and everything inbetween that made it memorable. Pee Wee wasn't just about a grown man screaming like a goof ball... he mixed things the same way.

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
I like SS for what it is-- just classic puppetry. :smile:

As far as who'd do an animated SS along with Sesame Workshop and the Jim Henson Company, I would've gone with Marvel (hey, Marvel worked with Jim Henson on Muppet Babies, after all!) rather than DiC. And if they went with different voice actors instead of just using the Muppeteers for voices (whom I would prefer to use for an SS cartoon), here's who I would've picked:

(note: trying not to be a Little Muppet Monsters fan-boy :smile:)
Frank Welker for Kermit, Ernie, and the Count
Greg Berg for Bert and Big Bird
Dan Castellaneta for Oscar
Bob Bergen for Guy Smiley, Herry, and Telly
Hal Rayle for Cookie Monster and Grover
Tom Kenny for Snuffy, Mumford, and Mr. Johnson
Russi Taylor for Prairie Dawn and Grundgetta

Just some examples. I'm sure you've got slightly better choices, though. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I like SS for what it is-- just classic puppetry. :smile:

As far as who'd do an animated SS along with Sesame Workshop and the Jim Henson Company, I would've gone with Marvel (hey, Marvel worked with Jim Henson on Muppet Babies, after all!) rather than DiC. And if they went with different voice actors instead of just using the Muppeteers for voices (whom I would prefer to use for an SS cartoon), here's who I would've picked:

(note: trying not to be a Little Muppet Monsters fan-boy :smile:)
Frank Welker for Kermit, Ernie, and the Count
Greg Berg for Bert and Big Bird
Dan Castellaneta for Oscar
Bob Bergen for Guy Smiley, Herry, and Telly
Hal Rayle for Cookie Monster and Grover
Tom Kenny for Snuffy, Mumford, and Mr. Johnson
Russi Taylor for Prairie Dawn and Grundgetta

Just some examples. I'm sure you've got slightly better choices, though. :smile:
I like that idea for the vocies. I know it wouldn't have gone over with it being a eduactional animated series but i think it might would work this now. I would think more of a animated adventure or just another day on Sesame Street type of series more then having it be a numbers and letters. But that's me. I just would love a SS cartoon series just to have something us Classic Fans would enjoy watching.

wiley207

Reaction score
Actually, I think Dan Castellaneta might make a good Count Von Count. He did a great Dracula voice for "The Simpsons" and "Animaniacs." I don't recall Frank Welker voicing any vampires; usually when it comes to classic movie monsters, he voices werewolves.

On the other hand, Tress MacNeille could make a good Elmo!

Erine81981

Reaction score
She proubly could. I could see her voicing Zoe as well.