New Emmett Otter Jug-Band Christmas DVD

trac31

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new DVD releasing on Nov 4 2008 is going to be edited? If so I will just keep with the one I have. :concern:

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I heard that the Kermit the Frog stuff was going to be edited out, but I'm not sure.

Speaking of, I'd really like to get a copy of the DVD that DOES have Kermit. Could some post an Amazon link to the edition that does? There seems to be a few out there, and I want to make sure I'm getting the right one. :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Nothing New Here.

Does anyone know if the new DVD releasing on Nov 4 2008 is going to be edited? If so I will just keep with the one I have. :concern:
The "new" DVD coming out on November 4th is simply a re-issue of the "Collector's Edition" DVD from 2005 (just in a new box with the "Jim Henson's Christmas Classics" logo and under Lionsgate's distrubition). According to HIT, the disc features will be the same as the 2005 edition.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The "new" DVD coming out on November 4th is simply a re-issue of the "Collector's Edition" DVD from 2005 (just in a new box with the "Jim Henson's Christmas Classics" logo and under Lionsgate's distrubition). According to HIT, the disc features will be the same as the 2005 edition.
Sad frogboy. I wants me my Kermit back. :smile: I miss him so. Emmet Otter does too! :sympathy: I'll have to think about this purchase.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I already have the 2005, so that's all I need. I'll just recommend this one to friends.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So does this mean Kermit won't be on the DVD of The Christmas Toy either? :concern:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know this isn't immediately available to everyone, but the Paley Center for Media in Los Angeles and New York has the uncut Emmet Otter special. It includes Kermit, a few scenes not in the DVD version (but in the DVD's bonus features), and the original commercials.

superboober

Reaction score
So then does having the original commercials there confirm ABC was the first network to air it rather than HBO?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Contrary to what some believe, Emmet Otter was indeed on network television first and HBO later. Everyone remembers the HBO airings because HBO held the rights to the special for a number of years and very few had VCR's for the first network TV airing.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ok I bought this at Wal-Mart lastnight because I didn't take the dvd box out of the slipcase thinking it was a brand new release, WELL IT'S NOT! SAVE YOUR MONEY!
This thing is the same exact release with the red box with a fancy new slip cover over it from a few years back.
Oh well, I wasted a bit of my money but I guess I'll give it to some one for christmas now.