Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

vaati64

Reaction score
My discs finally came! They came in a big yellow envelope, and they were in individual sleeves. I haven't checked the bottoms of the discs yet to see the condition, but I'm sure they are more than fine. I got all the replacement discs that I asked for, and it only took a few days to get here!

vaati64

Reaction score
My discs finally came! They came in a big yellow envelope, and they were in individual sleeves. I haven't checked the bottoms of the discs yet to see the condition, but I'm sure they are more than fine. I got all the replacement discs that I asked for, and it only took a few days to get here!

Alright, so, I checked the bottoms. After spending some time, I checked the originals vs the replacements (for the duplicate numbers), and out of 14 replacement discs, I have decided that 12 of them are in better condition than the originals. I guess since they were placed only in sleves in the evelope, that the discs still got scratched. So anyway, I say way to go Lionsgate for replacing them without issue, (but still not happy about the issue to begin with) and I think that everyone else should absolutely take advantage of this.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I still wonder if they are still doing the replacements if you were to buy a set now vs. at the start :\

Davina

Reaction score
legally, they are still responsible for their product, so they'd darn well better! :smile:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I guess since they were placed only in sleves in the evelope, that the discs still got scratched.
I just can't get over the disregard studios give to packaging. It seems they don't understand, care or appreciate the fragile nature of these optical discs. Design, layout and tangible bonuses are nice, but isn't the maintenance of the featured material most important?

vaati64

Reaction score
I just can't get over the disregard studios give to packaging. It seems they don't understand, care or appreciate the fragile nature of these optical discs. Design, layout and tangible bonuses are nice, but isn't the maintenance of the featured material most important?

OMG! Finally, someone gets it! The rest of my family doesn't understand why I take extreme caution in handling my DVD's. It's everything from me having to tell my mom not to throw my dvd's on to my bed, to my dad being more careful when taking them out of the case so as not to get fingerprints and smudges on the bottom, to telling my siter that its better to keep the dvd's off the floor and on some sort or of shelf area! Especially with my dvd's that I have that are out of print. Like Lady and the Tramp, I have on my shelf, with not too much compression in between cases, and when I take it out of the case, I am extremely careful as to not put any sorts of scratches on the bottom of the disc when transfering it from the case to the player, and back again!

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
It's good you have that attitude. Plenty of people share your feelings, enough in this case to persuade Lionsgate to generate replacements. And other studios have done the same in similar situations.

The bigger, more underlying problem is simply that proper disc storage is not an industry standard. It's been an issue for so many collections and is still a top concern whenever large box sets are produced.

After more than a decade of DVD now, it shouldn't be.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's good you have that attitude. Plenty of people share your feelings, enough in this case to persuade Lionsgate to generate replacements. And other studios have done the same in similar situations.

The bigger, more underlying problem is simply that proper disc storage is not an industry standard. It's been an issue for so many collections and is still a top concern whenever large box sets are produced.

After more than a decade of DVD now, it shouldn't be.
I enjoy original packaging more than most people, but not at the expense of disc safety. The Fraggle packaging was a fun idea but the execution was clumsy and amateurish. It also takes up a lot of space with no real point. There was a way to make it slimmer and more protective of the discs even in the sleeve binder format. They clearly didn't do much research or testing.

I really do like having this series even after all the later faults of Hit. The whole release seemed rushed. I think the tip off was the ambitious extras and promotion that were scrapped.

I have a feeling another company will release the series in a more elegant set once the movie hits theaters. I'll keep mine.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It also takes up a lot of space with no real point.
I know! It's a pain in the neck every single time you want to get to a disk. Though I suppose I shouldn't be complaining too much, heh. :embarrassed:

I have a feeling another company will release the series in a more elegant set once the movie hits theaters. I'll keep mine.
I think you're right, new sets are often released after movies. Depending on my financial situation, we'll see if that's any better.