Your Thoughts: Letters to Santa Teaser On-line

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well... The thread in Muppet Headlines was meant for reporting the behind-the-scenes updates when news of the special was first announced; this thread is for posting thoughts on the five-minute preview trailer. If you think it's confusing now Prawn, wait until the special airs and we get a third thread for that one on its own. Not sure what might happen from here on out, I know Phil leaves these types of threads open until the discussed special/event actually arrives though.

Hope this helped answer your question. If not, then send your complaints to our department where they will be promptly ignored and shredded and thrown into Oscar's wastebasket.
Oh no, it helped enough, Ed! No big thing, I was just wondering! :big_grin: Thanks for the response my fiend!

ELEVEN MORE DAYS! :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Any time o duke of chutney. *Sends Uncle D to check on whether another chappy's ready for posting from this prawn that keeps cracking.

Frogster

Reaction score
Really? Some people get excited over anything... some of you just wanna see Muppets, nomatter what they're doing. I loved that last bit where Claire saw all the Muppets at her door, but I'm afraid this is really gonna be a special where all we see are corny bits like that musical number or where "Sam" explains why opening letters is a federal Oh-fense. (Where's the bite that Sam used to have?) :attitude:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
where "Sam" explains why opening letters is a federal Oh-fense. (Where's the bite that Sam used to have?) :attitude:
Well I kinda see what you mean. In the past, Sam's character was that he detested sick popular tastes and preferred high culture. Talking about breaking the law isn't quite the same thing. Again, it's more kiddie-ish.

But you really can't judge until you see something. :smile:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Really? Some people get excited over anything... some of you just wanna see Muppets, nomatter what they're doing. I loved that last bit where Claire saw all the Muppets at her door, but I'm afraid this is really gonna be a special where all we see are corny bits like that musical number or where "Sam" explains why opening letters is a federal Oh-fense. (Where's the bite that Sam used to have?) :attitude:
come on at least give it a chance before you bad mouth it

Frogster

Reaction score
I WANT to like it, but so much of what the Muppets have done wrong is affecting my desire to be optimistic. So... sorry lol

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think there's reasons to be optimistic or pessimistic, hehe. But in the end, it's best to wait and see. :smile:

AAO

Reaction score
I am very pleased with the clip of the special as well as other bits and pieces that have been shown on promo's...

Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Pepe, and Rizzo hanging off of Santa's sleigh? That looks hilarious! And something that seems like that would happen to the muppets...

very merry muppet christmas movie was good i thought.. it revisited the theater and brought back that feeling that the muppet show has been going on for years just as Kermit said in an interview promoting the Season 3 dvds... saying that the show's still going on but without cameras and a network to carry them! Ironically, it would be funny to see NBC pick up a series through ABC to promote the muppets on a different netwrk. Don't putt'em on Disney Channel Specials... c'mon!.. they'll be "flavor of the month" to tweens...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I WANT to like it, but so much of what the Muppets have done wrong is affecting my desire to be optimistic. So... sorry lol
What on EARTH about the clips on NBC.com gives you reason to have doubts about this special? There is absolutely nothing I can see wrong about ANY of the clips--in fact, they're all a HUGE step in the RIGHT direction. This is classic Muppet stuff we're witnessing, you're just so intent on believing everything Disney does with the Muppets will be bad you won't even give it a chance. Have you SEEN the Muppets.com videos? The YouTube videos? Come on now. There's no longer a reason to be pessimistic concerning the Muppets and it's a good feeling--embrace it.

MWoO

Reaction score
Well one thing about the clips that worries me is the part with Santa. I hope it is minimized. I'd rather have seen them do a wink and a nod that Santa is real instead of the muppets flat out meeting him. In Muppet Family christmas they did that and I thought it worked much better.