Your Thoughts: Letters to Santa Teaser On-line

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hi AJM. The song "I Believe" which Kermit sang at this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is actually one of the new songs from Letters To Santa. It was composed by Paul Williams, though perhaps searching for the special at Muppet Wiki might yield more information. As for the song, we have an MUP3 of it if you would like a copy. Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.
*ahem* Excuse me Mr. Ed, I didn't bring this up in the actual Macy's thread... but I think I need to.

According to Matt Lauer during the parade, "Here singing 'I Believe' a new Christmas song written by Macy's own Bill Skimmerhorn and Wesley Wotley, here is Camp Broadway with the always inspiring Kermit the Frog."

Now... neither of those names are Paul Williams. :stick_out_tongue: I DO love the song! I really, really do, and wouldn't mind at ALL if it was featured in Letters to Santa, I just don't think it will be, since, according to numerous sources, we've been told that Paul did indeed write all four new songs for the special.

*shrug* :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... Just checked at Muppet Wiki, and ju Prawn are correct. So I hereby retract my ardent belief in I believe, the song's origins, not the sentiment behind it. Oh, and I needs to talk to ju about Benny's origins. PM me or whatever.
:concern: You called?
No, go back to pestering the Prawn for him to update his fanfic.
:concern: Okay. *Zips off to bug Prawny, real bugs in hand.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Okay... Just checked at Muppet Wiki, and ju Prawn are correct. So I hereby retract my ardent belief in I believe, the song's origins, not the sentiment behind it.
Do you also retract the whack over the head? :wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
NBC.com now also has a new Behind-the-Scenes clip, three minutes long. Here it is: http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_...s/muppets-exclusive-behind-the-scenes/861522/

And also... this: http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_...eo/clips/muppets-christmas-north-pole/861542/

And... well... all *I* can say... is... well, seeing Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Sweetums, Robin, and Scooter ALL in rather prominent looking roles, Sam in a PERFECT speaking role, and Gonzo, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, and Kermit ALL back to their roots and are ALL in PERFECT character... They're back.

They're back.

:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, that cannot be retracted dear Prawn. But I can give you a sneaky peaky at the plans shared between us already, at least the troop of ghouls if you wish. And merry Christmas to one and all Muppet!

peyjenk

Reaction score
Woo-hoo, these videos keep coming and they all look better and better!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nice clips! I love how the human actors really seem to appreciate the Muppets. :smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I agree this is so amazing, If one didn't know any better I could swear this was made during the time of Jim.
It looks so fun and touching, Kermit sounds amazing, as does fozzie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still feel like they've slightly gone in the other direction of being too kiddie-ish. I mean I liked the John Denver Christmas special where Kermit and John talk about the universal spirituality of Christmas, and not just Santa, because the Muppets were geared toward both kids and adults.

But you know there are worse things to worry about, hehe. It looks very cute and I'll have to see the whole thing of course. :wink:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Nice to hear that they are doing all this to promote it..unfortunately NBC and Disney do not want the rest of the world to see it :frown: