Rumor: Abby gets own segment

wiley207

Reaction score
That's it exactly... the Abby segment IS going to be added to the show for season 40. That was in the press kit, right? As I said, the press kit said NOTHING about those other segments. I do believe they could easily be added in about season 41, as easily as Ernie and Bert's great adventures were. I still think SW needs to work on a Sprout show based around all these segments (I doubt PBS would want it on their original stations).
Hopefully the Abby segments won't be in EVERY episode, similar to how "Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures" isn't in every episode (great segment series BTW, and I was happy to finally see them last year when they showed them as part of "Sesame Street!") I think a good idea would be to alternate "Elmo's World" with "Abby's Fairy School", so at least kids will expect to see a segment of some sort like that near the end of the show.

I also think this would be a good format for Season 40 and later seasons:

"The Word on the Street"
Opening
Street Scene Part 1
Various segments
Street Scene Part 2
Various segments (this would include "Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures" when needed to air)
Street Scene Part 3 (Also would introduce Letter of the Day)
Various segments
Street Scene Part 4
"Murray Has a Little Lamb"
Street Scene Part 5 (Also would introduce Number of the Day)
Various segments
Street Scene Part 6
"Elmo's World"
Street Scene Closure

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hopefully the Abby segments won't be in EVERY episode, similar to how "Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures" isn't in every episode (great segment series BTW, and I was happy to finally see them last year when they showed them as part of "Sesame Street!") I think a good idea would be to alternate "Elmo's World" with "Abby's Fairy School", so at least kids will expect to see a segment of some sort like that near the end of the show.
I have a feeling it would be on every episode.

I think having them alternate with EW would be brilliant... but last time they tried to run episodes without Elmo's World (I guess, a test in trying to phase it out), they met with grumbles from 4 year olds, prompting them to have to put it back in FOREVER... MWAH HA HA HA HA! (Couldn't resist) So alternating it probably wouldn't do much good.

I have to say, it does look pretty good... I just think it should be part of its own show, an alternating segment, or some internet thing. I'm just worried Abby will wear out her welcome, like a certain red guy (and I ain't talkin' the one from Cow and Chicken), and before they do anything truly interesting with the character.

wiley207

Reaction score
I think having them alternate with EW would be brilliant... but last time they tried to run episodes without Elmo's World (I guess, a test in trying to phase it out), they met with grumbles from 4 year olds, prompting them to have to put it back in FOREVER... MWAH HA HA HA HA! (Couldn't resist) So alternating it probably wouldn't do much good.
And when they tried that, they made sure Elmo was barely seen in those two episodes! They should've done that testing with Elmo-centered episodes.

SSLFan

Reaction score
And when they tried that, they made sure Elmo was barely seen in those two episodes! They should've done that testing with Elmo-centered episodes.
Maybe they didn't want Kevin Clash to know what they were doing. :shifty:

Heh heh j/k. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is a lot better than I thought it would be. truly in the same spirit as Ernie and Bert's Great adventures... and I DID overreact.

I still don't see why it has to be an every episode segment, though. Ernie and Bert weren't (which is kind of a shame, actually)... but with the structure of the show there's just too much stuff they have to put in to take 10 minutes out of every episode for it.

And if Murray's any indication, how are we gonna know they didn't just get 13 segments and they'll repeat them twice?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Okay... I just read this article and now I'm thoroughly confused. They talk about a new "Play With Me Sesame" type show hosted by Abby, and two other new shows starring Cookie Monster and Elmo. I don't know if these are actually supposed to be stand-alone shows, or if they'll be segments within the actual show. But either way I'm very confused.
No more, Elmo.....Please no more Elmo. :frown:

I mean I could almost understand :insatiable: gaining his own short because he's worth it.

I mean why couldn't we have a :super:show instead ?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was stated that these were for the foreign market... they could very well pop up for season 41, but neither were stated in the press release.

And then of course there's the chance these very well WON'T make it to the US or maybe even appear on Sprout somehow... or any other way they won't be integrated into the show at all. We just don't have any information on what's what just yet.

But I reiterate, there's no chance we'll see them in Season 40... neither are mentioned in the press release. And given all the press that these new segments usually get, we won't be surprised by them either. I doubt they even started filming in time to be in season 40.

That said, if they drop the tired , 15 minute long "Elmo's World" for this shorter, proposed segment, I say let it happen next year.

GoldHattedGonzo

Reaction score
Elmo's bACKYARD IS FOR KIDS 3 TO 6 YEARS OLD MUNCHIN : IMPOSSABLE IS FOR KIDS AGES 4 TO 7

IMPOSSIBLE:insatiable:

GoldHattedGonzo

Reaction score
Abby's Flying fairy School exists it's on every Episode this season! I have seen it:search: