Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's entirely possible that Piggy was daydreaming about certain aspects of MB in MTM and that the MB we see are the canon ones.

Isn't all we see of their room the Xmas tree, some presents, and a bit of the walls? Maybe they were together in some way when they were little, but not necessarily in "Nanny's" nursery.
I couldn't see them being raised together if Fozzie's Ma doesn't know who Kermit is at the beginning of the special. I have always found that bit to be incongruent to the rest of the appoximations introduced. I just consider it all to be some sort of Christmas home movie when they all crossed paths for a moment.

I've always considered their ages to be different. My thought is that Kermit was in his late 20s/early 30s, Piggy was in her late 30s, Fozzie was in his 20s, Scooter was a teenager, Rowlf always seemed to be in his 40s or later, Bunsen would be in his 50s, Beaker might be in his early 20s and the Mayhem would range from late 30s to maybe even early 60s. There we have a range of teens to 60s. The reason why I believe the Muppets work for different generations is that all different ages are represented. Just my thoughts.

unclematt

Reaction score
Janice is in her 20's. Thats the only thing I disagree with on the ages which makes it even more uncannon because she was a toddler on MB

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I couldn't see them being raised together if Fozzie's Ma doesn't know who Kermit is at the beginning of the special. I have always found that bit to be incongruent to the rest of the appoximations introduced. I just consider it all to be some sort of Christmas home movie when they all crossed paths for a moment.
Holy crap... I never thought of that!

unclematt

Reaction score
It doesnt matter because we all know that Kermit didnt meet Fozzie until they met at the El Sleezo Cafe.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I was going to let everyone here know that is if they don't already know about this web site or they've already seen this speical. But here at www.surfthechannel.com you can watch the whole thing from start to finish.

Just thought i would let the ones who live in the UK that arn't able or just missed it when it first aired then go there. It's a wonderful web site to visit.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
It doesnt matter because we all know that Kermit didnt meet Fozzie until they met at the El Sleezo Cafe.
I don't think there is a true Muppet canon, sure there are nods between the shows and films...but they never seem to quite match up.

Muppet Family Christmas implies that some of the Muppet crew got to meet each other at some point when they were babies (judging from the home movies...even though Ma Bear didn't know who Kermit was). Yet the Muppet Show and the Muppet Movie indicate that's not so.

Scooter (from what I understand, haven't seen it for myself yet) was introduced on the Muppet show as the teenage nephew of the theater's owner, and that's how he got his job. Yet, in the Muppet Movie he's the manager of the Electric Mayhem.

Gonzo meets Camilla on the Muppet Show, and begins to date her there. In the Muppet Movie they're already an item.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right, the Muppets are more in the old school of Vaudeville and 1930s films, where you had the same types of characters, played by the same actors, but in different situations. (Playing a cop, then a robber, etc.)