Animal collar replica from the Muppet Movie

Nick22

Reaction score
awesome! can't wait to see the pictures.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know I am a big tease! I should of held off on the announcement but I didn't know how crazy my schedule was gonna get. If anyone knows a thing or two about cloning...please let me know! Anyway...both versions of the collar are finished! They look awesome! The silver collar is painted to look like galvanized steel and the 2nd version is painted up like the Muppet Movie premier scene. It is white with gold rivets. The collars come in 2 pieces cast in light weight but durable resin and have tiny strong magnets inside them to hold the 2 sides together. Trust me they hold! That way you can take it on and off with ease (I know...I'm smart). They will also include 3ft of the matching chain. I am posting pictures tomorrow. Yes! For sure! Without fail! I promise! Or you all can hunt me down! I will post ordering info and prices. I tried to keep them as affordable as possible. I am hand crafting each piece so all materials and time is coming out of my pocket. Keep in mind these are not mass produced in china. I am making each and everyone of them myself. I think what I am going to do is start a list of 10 or 20 at a time. That way whoever wants in on each batch can do so. These will be limited, but I haven't decided how many. Pics and info tomorrow!
Righty-O, let's find out where he lives and send the Mob around!:smirk:

Nick22

Reaction score
Righty-O, let's find out where he lives and send the Mob around!:smirk:
definitely!

are you just trying to scam us into thinking something's coming? does the collar even exist? cause i'm kinda getting sick of the waiting.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
At last! Here ya go people...

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4354/34635571.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1952/20335411.jpg

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8633/72268331.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1079/45346666.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5784/92478632.jpg

I did a quick pose using the MR stand. The chain is very light. That is Animal holding it all by himself. I went with the round chain vs. the GMC oval chain because I wanted to be true to the original Muppet Movie. The steel collar is painted to look like textured galvanized steel. The detail didn't show up with the flash. The collar comes in 2 halves with strong magnets that hold the 2 pieces together. The 2 halves go together only one way. The spikes are spaced apart evenly so it is easy to see how they fit. I also designed the collars so the fine seam of the 2 halves gets covered by hair. The chain is attached off to the side on the bottom half of the collar as seen in the Muppet Movie.

I will post photos of the white and gold collar later today. I'll also post some pics of the collars without Animal as well.

I have tried to keep the cost of these down as much as I could. Like I have said these are not mass produced. I am hand casting and painting each one plus the cost of materials. These will be limited. I don't want to be making these things a year from now.:smile: I am going to start a list of 10 people on each batch made. Once the list is filled with 10 people, I will start production on those 10. Then another batch of 10. The turn around time will be pretty quick. On the steel collars, the paint job alone is a 2 day process. Doing a large batch all at once will get orders out quicker and will also let me know how much material to buy to make them.

Here is the breakdown:

The steel collar including 3ft of chain - $40
The white and gold collar including 3ft of chain - $45

Both versions ordered together - $65

I want to ship as cheap as possible. I haven't calculated things yet but I'm guessing about $5-7 U.S. and $8-12 overseas. It may be less. If someone wants a tracking number or quicker shipping, we can work that out as well.

Please PM me or email me at lithiumbrain@gmail.com

Thanks sticking with me on this project. It has been a crazy year and I wish I had them done sooner but hey...better late than never. By the way...That is my customized MR Animal. Added eyebrow hair, new felt pupils, and a foam tongue. The last thing I'm going to do for him is give him a bigger nose out of fleece. Then he will be ready to display!

Take care everyone

Taylor

Reaction score
Lithiumbrain your animal looks amazing. I knew since your a proffesional that the collar and chain would look good but WOW! I know I want to get the silver one and im considering the white and gold, but ill have to see it first. If you could get the fer sure amount on those shipping costs then i can add up how much i need. When will you start taking orders and what payment method options do we have? I would prefer check.