3-2-1 Contact Memories

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I figured that sense this is a CTW show that it would be appropriate to put in this section. So this thread is dedicated to the science show that was one of the best ones PBS has ever had in my opinion. Share your memories or feel feel to discuss the show or what it meant to you. (For those of you who remember or grew up with it.) So here's to you 3-2-1 Contact!

Here's a clip about how light and color work at a KISS concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVJcaYJmRSM

Redsonga

Reaction score
I watched it and I got the magazine for years and years afterward..it was a sad day for me when they renamed it :frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Classic '80s TV goodness that came on after Sesame Street everyday, always loved it, hehe.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Bloodhound Gang!

The bloodhound gang was one of the best segments of the show and I used to not be able to wait for it come on while watching an episode. But here's the episode The Case of the Thing in the Trunk. Notice how he didn't have the gun turned directly at the kids. You know I can't help but think that a lot of this could be solved so muhc sooner and quicker if they just had sell phones! But then again, what fun would that be? heh!

Part one

part two

mikebennidict

Reaction score
There were a couple of SS episodes in the early 80's were Mr. Hooper's brother came to visit and the actor who played him played the older theif in the Bloodhound episode you mentioned.

Another from that time was The Case Of Mr. Q.

It was about some thief who worked his way into some lab that had something to do with pigeons and something else and this thief who's real name was Mr. Booster used the pigeons to steal whatever it was he wanted.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
The bloodhound gang was one of the best segments of the show and I used to not be able to wait for it come on while watching an episode. But here's the episode The Case of the Thing in the Trunk. Notice how he didn't have the gun turned directly at the kids. You know I can't help but think that a lot of this could be solved so muhc sooner and quicker if they just had sell phones! But then again, what fun would that be? heh!

Part one

part two
Maybe that is the origin of the name of the band "The Bloodhound Gang".
I really don't think that the KISS concert was the best example, cause the band with the make up and everything, could freakout little kids. Lol.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Maybe that is the origin of the name of the band "The Bloodhound Gang".
I really don't think that the KISS concert was the best example, cause the band with the make up and everything, could freak out little kids. Lol.
It is where the band got their name by the way. And this show was for older kids then Sesame street was. As far as for it scaring little children, it was for older children... More around the eight-ish through twelve crowd...

Here is the shows second theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gEAQQCFlNM

By the way Mike. Here is "The Case of Mr. QuickFingers" if this is the one you're talking about.

Part one

Part two

Brings back instant memories!