ToughPigs - Book Club

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
*lol* Well, The Cookie Tree especially was a big part of my childhood so I can't really enjoy the idea of it being picked on. It's a talking tree classic :excited:! :smile:
Yeah my friend said the same thing about TP's commentary of The Christmas Toy, lol. Most of the time I enjoy the TP commentaries a lot, but so far it's been books I've never seen before. So it will be interesting to see how this one feels, hehe. :super:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah my friend said the same thing about TP's commentary of The Christmas Toy, lol. Most of the time I enjoy the TP commentaries a lot, but so far it's been books I've never seen before. So it will be interesting to see how this one feels, hehe. :super:
I just don't have much of a sense of humor with things that date back to when I was a baby that I remember learning to read from I think..People show their love in different ways of course, but... To me SS books live in a golden book bubble away from being judged:smile:. Of course they are unrealistic, that is the point :3. Silly for its own sake, like the fraggle pov :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just don't have much of a sense of humor with things that date back to when I was a baby that I remember learning to read from I think..People show their love in different ways of course, but... To me SS books live in a golden book bubble away from being judged:smile:. Of course they are unrealistic, that is the point :3. Silly for its own sake, like the fraggle pov
I'm surprised I actually do enjoy TP's commentaries as much as I do, lol. I don't mind parody humor like that if it's at least partially in good fun (and you know, if it's genuinely funny :wink: ). It's weird but you can love something, and still laugh at the inconsistencies.

But like I said, I have friends who really can't enjoy that stuff. It's a matter of personal taste. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm surprised I actually do enjoy TP's commentaries as much as I do, lol. I don't mind parody humor like that if it's at least partially in good fun (and you know, if it's genuinely funny :wink: ).
But like I said, I have friends who really can't enjoy that stuff. It's a matter of personal taste. :smile:
I like it for some things, but not others. I think I have gotten more picky about what sort of joking I can take in my old age *lol*:smile:. To me there are so many truly bad things you could make fun of that muppety things don't really need it IMHO :3.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
To me there are so many truly bad things you could make fun of that muppety things don't really need it IMHO :3.
Well that's certainly true, hehe. :wink:

I have this conversation with my Dad a lot actually. He thinks nitpicking is kind of an insult to a movie, because he thinks you're missing the point of the story. I try to explain that it's not meant in a serious manner. You're not making fun of it because it's bad, but because you do like it. It's hard to explain. I guess it's like when people tease their friends in a good natured way.