if the gorgs had their own singing part in the theme...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Just because they never talk about it in the show doesn't mean it couldn't have been a part of their diet we just never saw. I mean someone who always misses the night a silly creature family eats fish might think we never eat it when we do :3. And even if we eat fish we don't make a daily habit of talking about it (at least all the people I know don't...)
I see what you're saying, but from my perspective, there's nothing canon outside of Fraggle fears that Gorgs eat them. If we're going to say that Gorgs are cruel (which, to me, is what mentioning "thumping" in the theme song would suggest), then we need to back that up with more than Fragglish rumor. The fact remains that the theme of the show is learning to understand one another, we never see the Gorgs eat anything even remotely animal, and characters who get "thumped" just don't disappear, they just get hurt. The Fraggles assume WE'RE to be feared, too. But in OUR case, I could see how they would think that, given that we're notorious meat-eaters and many pride themselves on it.

Redsonga

Reaction score
and characters who get "thumped" just don't disappear, they just get hurt.
The ones we see, there could be ones we didn't that never returned. The way I see it rumors always start from some truth and the understanding that the series gives between fraggles and gorgs is only between that family of gorgs and that group of fraggles, who knows what the rest might do and how long it will all last...I'm just thinking of it in terms of a bigger world than we are shown, not because I think the gorgs are bloodthirsty or anything...I mean I caught frogs when I was little and would never think of eating them, but some cultures do...I'm not saying fraggles are frogs but maybe many smaller creatures in their world can talk and have cultures and so it is all the same to bigger things like gorgs :sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hmm...I mean Junior did have his own song where we talked about catching and kicking the Fraggles. But I think I agree that for the theme song, it needed to be a bit more ambiguous so they didn't appear like out and out bad guys.

I think people can have their own interpretations (that's what fanfics are for, hehe), but I personally don't think the Gorgs ate the Fraggles. Pa and Ma seem more disgusted by them than anything, like they're rodents. And they don't act disapointed when Junior fails to catch them, like they're missing a meal. They're more annoyed that Junior's going through all the trouble.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But yet, oddly, they'd be at a crossroads in that either they want the Fraggles caught or they don't want them caught.
You know, I know not everyone likes Robot Chicken, lol. But I'm reminded of one skit where they parodied the Smurfs and they showed Gargamel (the Smurf villian of course) being asked why he hated the Smurfs. And he says something like "Actually my motivations were never entirely clear." Lol, which is very true. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not really. In some instances, Gargamel has said that he and his cat would want to cook and eat the Smurfs for whatever bizzare reason.
Oh yeah, but then another time it might be different, as with the Gorgs.

Redsonga

Reaction score
You know, I know not everyone likes Robot Chicken, lol. But I'm reminded of one skit where they parodied the Smurfs and they showed Gargamel (the Smurf villian of course) being asked why he hated the Smurfs. And he says something like "Actually my motivations were never entirely clear." Lol, which is very true. :wink:
But in that case Gargamel did want to eat them even though he hated them (which makes sense since it looked like the middle ages and he was very poor, or at least had a castle but not any/much food).

Anyway I am asking this question because I was thinking of putting a longer verison of the theme in my fanfic:coy:...and rather than get something so beloved wrong I was thinking of putting in a gorg part most of us could agree on..of course I could still just write my own version to...but there is no harm in asking :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
wwfpooh said:
Speaking of Gorgs...I wonder if they'll have a bit in the new film?
I hope so, but it kinda depends on the Fragglish plot.

unclematt

Reaction score
I just don't see the Gorgs being in the film just because of what I have heard of the plot line. I think it is going to focus mainly on the Fraggles in Outer Space and not so much in the actual Rock which would then in turn make it hard to incorporate the Gorgs

RedPiggy

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I just don't see the Gorgs being in the film just because of what I have heard of the plot line. I think it is going to focus mainly on the Fraggles in Outer Space and not so much in the actual Rock which would then in turn make it hard to incorporate the Gorgs
I must be thinking of Redsonga's fic too much. I dreamed last night that we were watching G4 and they started showing a preview for Fraggle Rock, with Fraggles streaming out of sewer drains (at first I thought it was another TMNT flick), and Junior was walking down Broadway in NYC at night, lost. :smile:

I was SO excited to see a preview ... and bummed because they forgot to mention the release date. :frown: