Sesame Street Picture Books

zns

Reaction score
But just to stay on topic, I have so many Sesame Street books in my Muppet cllection, some of them from when I was really little. I'm on the verge of find books from the Muppets to add to the collection as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They even released a few audiocasettes of the older books.
HA! You wanna talk Old School? I have some of the books released with RECORDS, man! Bet they don't play at all anymore, cuz they're all scratched up... but man, I loved those things.

Kiki

Reaction score
HA! You wanna talk Old School? I have some of the books released with RECORDS, man! Bet they don't play at all anymore, cuz they're all scratched up... but man, I loved those things.
Ah yes! The books that came with records, I know the ones! I have the Disney and Star Wars ones. :big_grin:

And yes. I still listen to them. Sometimes.. >_>

zns

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone is still on this subject but I thought that I would bring it up anyway. My grandparents used to have this one Sesame book from I believe the mid-70's that they kept their for us grandkids. It was one of those Playskool spiral-bound board books and it was illustrated by Michael J. Smollin (I think it was the same as the other two books "A Day in the Life of Ernie and Bert" and "Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street"). I'm not sure of the exact title, but it was one of those books based on the song, "People in your Neigborhood". Each page showed the Muppet characters in it the different jobs they had:

Grover: Firfighter
Big Bird: Mailman
Oscar: Librarian
Count von Count: Barber
Cookie Monster: Baker
Ernie & Bert: Grocers
Herry Monster: Pet Shop Owner
Granny Fanny Nesserolde: Tuba Player in the Orchestra
Roosevelt Franklin: Teacher

I think there was also another book that Mike Smollin did for the Playskool series that was of The Count giving a tour of his castle. Does anyone remember these two books? I'd love to see if my grandparents still have the Neigborhood book I'm talking about.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I had some books that I just loved - I don't know when they were released but looked like they were part of a set:

Ernie's Big Mess
Bert and the Missing Mop Mix Up
Grover Goes to School
My Doll Is Lost (featuring Herry Monster)

I also had the Ernie Gets Lost book someone had mentioned.

Another set I had of paperbacks I remember was a gift when you pledged to PBS during the pledge drive:
Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum
A Visit to the Sesame Street Firehouse
A Visit to the Sesame Street Library
Grover's Book of Resting Places

I think I had a couple of others too, but those are the ones I best remember. Great books.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
wow, i just bought a book & cd set published in 2007 that i am VERY impressed with. i highly recommend Get Your Grouchies Out, which is four little board books & a cd, narrated by Bob. the cd includes two songs & a narration of each of the books, which are all on the theme of feelings. all of the books are kind of cute, but the first one is about poetry and opens with the definitions of an acrostic poem, cinquain poem, limerick, haiku, and alliteration, and gives examples of each as well as picture poems, descriptive poems and rhyming. now that's what i call respecting kids' intelligence and encouraging their creativity. :wisdom: they have a similar set called Celebrate School narrated/sung by Alan, which I'll have to get, now that I've seen the quality of this one.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I have too many Sesame Street books to mention, most of them I've had since I was a child.
I have two copies of The Monster at the End of This book. I have had them since I was six. The first one was the regular Little Golden Book version, I think my Dad gave that to me. The second one was given to me by my aunt for Chirstmas, it was in a larger size.
Yesterday I saw a third version in Target with a CD. I must say, I was unaware of that up to that moment.