Who's going to see Disney's the Princess and the Frog

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... I do think its funny Pixar, the world's leading CGI animation firm is more committed to making traditional animation than anyone else. I just wish they'd let Disney make DTV Mickey Mouse films... I thought Three Musketeers was amazing. I'd love to see some sort of Scrooge McDuck comics based movie (there's enough to work with) or something with Papernik (Donald Duck's Batman meets Arsene Lupin Italian superhero identity). I mentioned him in another thread...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I finally saw this today. I absolutely LOVED it. Disney really surprised me with this one. I honestly wasn't anticipating anything mind-blowing, but I was absolutely floored. Mama Odie's musical number was absolutely fantastic and I'm still tapping my feet to it. My favorite character has to be Ray the Firefly. I was amazed by the ending--did NOT see that coming! But I was very, very impressed with how they handled it.

Overall, this was an absolutely awesome film and I highly recommend it. It feels like classic Disney--and at the same time it feels like they weren't trying to prove themselves. They were just trying to make a great movie--which they most certainly did.

Kiki

Reaction score
Here it comes out on January 1st... the same day Fantastic Mr. Fox is, too! A double-bunger- I can't wait! :excited:

Kiki

Reaction score
But that stuff WORKS. Treasure Planet didn't really do that, Atlantis didn't quite do that (and tried to be Titan A.E.) and they both failed to click. I liked Atlantis, though...
Same, in fact Atlantis AND Treasure Planet are big faves of mine... I just adored the characters! <3

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll probably go and see it, if only to support the more traditional Disney movie.

Not that all the newer ones are bad, I just would like to see them do more 2D animation... to keep it from dying.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here it comes out on January 1st... the same day Fantastic Mr. Fox is, too! A double-bunger- I can't wait! :excited:
Lucky... You'll probably see Fantastic Mr. Fox play at more than 2 art theaters. I've been looking pretty hard to find that one, but I just couldn't find any theater it's playing.

Yeah, I guess I'll see this after Christmas... then see about that Chipmunks 2 thing...

Erine81981

Reaction score
I finally saw this today. I absolutely LOVED it. Disney really surprised me with this one. I honestly wasn't anticipating anything mind-blowing, but I was absolutely floored. Mama Odie's musical number was absolutely fantastic and I'm still tapping my feet to it. My favorite character has to be Ray the Firefly. I was amazed by the ending--did NOT see that coming! But I was very, very impressed with how they handled it.

Overall, this was an absolutely awesome film and I highly recommend it. It feels like classic Disney--and at the same time it feels like they weren't trying to prove themselves. They were just trying to make a great movie--which they most certainly did.
I took my three neices and a friend on that Saturday after the day it started showing. Oh man i fell right in love with the animation and everything. The storyline was prefect and it had a feel like i was back in the 90's watching an old favorite of mine. The oldest one thought it was ok but would rather see Chipmunks (which i would too) but she still had fun. But the other two enjoyed it to their lifes depended on it. The youngest one fell alseep after 10 or 15 minutes of the film. But i can't wait to see what else comes along from Disney.

Before the film had came out i went to San Antinio to watch the oldest neice prefrom on their jump rope team for a the San Antino Spurs and all. But i went to the Disney store in their mall and what to my eyes did i see several of the characters as stuffed plushes. Now first i saw the Prince Frog and Princess Frog then saw Carl (isn't that the gators name) with his trumpet. The other character was Ray the firefly and i couldn't pass him up. Well figured i didn't have enough to get any of the characters. So i hope when i go to Disney next year i'll find me some mernch from the movie.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Carl (isn't that the gators name) with his trumpet.
It's actually Louis (Like Louis Armstrong). I liked that character alot. I found his character design to be very appealing.

I got a Louis plush and Naveen plush and Ray plush from the Disney Store.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
With my tight budget, I'm going to have to wait until it comes to video at Blockbusters.

Erine81981

Reaction score
It's actually Louis (Like Louis Armstrong). I liked that character alot. I found his character design to be very appealing.

I got a Louis plush and Naveen plush and Ray plush from the Disney Store.
There you go. Thanks BG for that. I forget so easliy that it's not funny. But cool to see you got those plushes from the Disney store. I can't wait to go to Disney World next year and buy me some of those too.