Pre-Order Follow that Bird Anniversary DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A reminder that in just a few weeks, Sesame Street’s first feature film Follow that Bird will be released on a 25th Anniversary Deluxe widescreen DVD. Currently, you can pre-order for 30% off the regular price.

Since most of us will be getting the Follow that Bird DVD, we'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.

Here’s more information on the Follow that Bird DVD release…

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2009/022209.shtml

Discuss away...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm hoping the packaging is better than on the first release of the film on DVD; however, I'm not crazy that they have commercialized this film by sticking Elmo on the cover when he's not even in the film except in passing. That's disappointing.

I'm pre-ordering so I can get the new interview with Spinney! That should be great--and I hope it's a little longer than just a 2 minute quickie interview.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I'm hoping the packaging is better than on the first release of the film on DVD; however, I'm not crazy that they have commercialized this film by sticking Elmo on the cover when he's not even in the film except in passing. That's disappointing.

I'm pre-ordering so I can get the new interview with Spinney! That should be great--and I hope it's a little longer than just a 2 minute quickie interview.
But by sticking Elmo on the cover parents will see it as something their kids will like, and the kids will see Elmo and want the DVD. This leads to the kids getting exposed to some "Real" cinema and the parent handing money over to SW, so they can continue their good work. The image branding of Elmo is to help generate income for Sesame Workshop from this DVD, which may not do so as well otherwise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm hoping the packaging is better than on the first release of the film on DVD;
Oh... you mean those 1999-2003 Warner Bros home video packages with the cheap cardboard flap, and a plastic tray? Man, I hated those. Stunt packaging at its worst. Gimme a standard container anytime. They're sturdy, they're cheap... and dispite the fact they use more plastic, I bet they're more eco-friendly... I mean, hundreds of ruined WB DVD packages must be lining landfills somewhere.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I get your point, Shoe Fairy. Good call.

Yeah, the cardboard flap packaging on the earlier release that is actually on sale now at Target for $5.00.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I'm looking forward to the interview with Caroll Spinney in this DVD, so I think I'll be getting it.

I'll give my old one with the cardboard flip package to my nephew too, I'm not sure how much he'll like it since he's mainly an "Elmo kid" but I'll give it a try, :smile:.

I'm looking forward

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'll see what everyone else says about the special features before purchasing. If I do, I'll probably donate my original copy to the library. Kids today deserve (and rarely get) something decent. :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'll see what everyone else says about the special features before purchasing. If I do, I'll probably donate my original copy to the library. Kids today deserve (and rarely get) something decent. :smile:
That's nice of you Heralde.

Status
Not open for further replies.