The Fifth Semi-Annual Muppet Central Awards Ceremony!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... For that Songa I direct your attention to the "My Harmonica" Fraggle fanfic series. :smirk:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have been trying to read some of the very old fraggle fics here but for some reason most of the older stories have no spacing in them what so ever, not even when people talk, so in place of this (using my fic):

"I lost something real important, only no one ever said why it was," He placed the empty chest flat with its open depth making an almost level surface, silently willing the last five items to stop swaying with his hands. "…and now my daddy's mad at me..again."

"Lost somethin'?" The pink fraggle asked as a smaller green fraggle stole another peek around his yellow tufted tail.

"Yup." The gorg replied, adding a broken trumpet and a blackened cauldron.

"Up…up…in the..the…" The fraggle pointed at the strangle new blue span above them.

"Sky. " Junior yelled from above as he started to climb yet again. "Yeah, I threw it away up n' here so I figure all I have to do is get up to the spot it disappeared and pull it out! Easy as garlic peach pie."

"Ew…" The fraggle wrinkled his nose at the thought of the two tastes together. "Papa says high places..dan..ger..ous…"

"Aw, that's 'cause your daddy's a fraggle," Junior said with a laugh, carrying up a last heavy looking book. "Everything's scary to them 'cause they're tiny..You're real tiny to, should you be out here? Your mommies and daddies must be worried."
They are almost always like this:

"I lost something real important, only no one ever said why it was," He placed the empty chest flat with its open depth making an almost level surface, silently willing the last five items to stop swaying with his hands. "…and now my daddy's mad at me..again."
"Lost somethin'?" The pink fraggle asked as a smaller green fraggle stole another peek around his yellow tufted tail.
"Yup." The gorg replied, adding a broken trumpet and a blackened cauldron.
"Up…up…in the..the…" The fraggle pointed at the strangle new blue span above them.
"Sky. " Junior yelled from above as he started to climb yet again. "Yeah, I threw it away up n' here so I figure all I have to do is get up to the spot it disappeared and pull it out! Easy as garlic peach pie."
"Ew…" The fraggle wrinkled his nose at the thought of the two tastes together. "Papa says high places..dan..ger..ous…"
"Aw, that's 'cause your daddy's a fraggle," Junior said with a laugh, carrying up a last heavy looking book. "Everything's scary to them 'cause they're tiny..You're real tiny to, should you be out here? Your mommies and daddies must be worried."
Only sometimes a bit worst with the dialogue and paragraphs not even starting on any sort of a new line and broken code from text formatting that no longer works :frown:.
I know it's just a little thing, but one of the hanging on troubles of my learning disability is the fact that I need spacing when I'm reading to make sense of everything, or even the best writing gives me a gorg of a headache...I'd even format them myself if it would help or if the authors didn't mind:\.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, if you're referring to My Harmonica, and Fraggle stories written by Effy...well, they have a very specific format. I actually found that was the very magic of them. The strange grammar (due to Russian influence), and the formatting. That was what made them special to me. But I can also understand why they would be hard to read.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, if you're referring to My Harmonica, and Fraggle stories written by Effy...well, they have a very specific format. I actually found that was the very magic of them. The strange grammar (due to Russian influence), and the formatting. That was what made them special to me. But I can also understand why they would be hard to read.
This is more all the older FR fics that I've found (most of them at least)...
I have nothing against different wording, or even how the chapters are broken up by themselves, I never let that effect my pov of a story really, it's just how the words themselves are laid out to me..There is no magic in eye strain (from no spaces and all bold text) and half dead fonts (from I guess, when the forums used different codes) IMHO :frown::sympathy:. I..I just can't read it :frown:, I really really want to, I do, everyone else can ...

My spelling and drawing may be better now, but my dyslexia is alive and well...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I don't have that problem ... but I dislike having to imagine where the sentence or the paragraph ends. Imagine reading ancient texts, which didn't use punctuation or line breaks or word breaks at all. THAT is something that I admire (or pity) people who study that sort of thing. That would drive me insane.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't have that problem ... but I dislike having to imagine where the sentence or the paragraph ends. Imagine reading ancient texts, which didn't use punctuation or line breaks or word breaks at all. THAT is something that I admire (or pity) people who study that sort of thing. That would drive me insane.
It's weird that I have the trouble I do because my actual reading comprehension level itself has always been very very high..It's just, I can't see the words so much to use my understanding when they are all mushed together :frown:. (And while speech to text is good for writing sometimes, I don't like a text to speech reading program if I can help it because 1) With spaces in a story I don't need the extra help and :excited:2) Golly, most of their voices are annoying :coy:

Mary Louise

Reaction score
My Harmonica

How many stories are there in the "My Harmonica" fanfic series? I've read the first two, and they were amazing!

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Well, if there are ever any more, I would love to read them. And I wanna be swallowed by Beauregard!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I just want to add even though I can't read it right now I think 'Play,My Harmonica" is one of the prettiest titles I've ever heard :smile:. FR does go toward titles that, if all the FR fanfics online were put together, would make a lovely poem :3