Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

Nick22

Reaction score
YES! it looks pretty promising. i'm back! srry i have posted in a while. i've been rully busy. volleyball, track, homework, friends. argh. anyone know the release date? this is gonna have to be a movie i drag my friends to see. im excited for the new character, walter. i always love the edition of new characters. i didnt read everything on there cause i hate spoilers and i dont wanna ruin the surprise.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
Can someone answer, this question,- I thought i heard the answer somewhere, but i cant find it..:

WHEN is this movie planned on being on the big screen?
Or When do they plann on starting to shoot it?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
WHEN is this movie planned on being on the big screen?
Segal wants the movie finished by 2010. At this point, I'd assume the movie is on for a holiday season release. But it depends on when filming starts.

Or When do they plann on starting to shoot it?
I've heard shooting starts this spring, if we don't hear anything before June then I'm going to assume the film has been held off until a 2011 release.

Davina

Reaction score
how did i miss this thread? wow.. script sounds like it is already loaded with potential and it's still just an early draft... really hope they can pull this off without getting delayed and get everyone they want for it..

oh.. and if the Muppets need some place to stay while filming their Alaskan scenes, they can always come stay at my house... (heh, I know, I know.. but it'd be loads of fun....)
and 2010.. perfect.. hubby will be back from deployment by then! and you can bet we'll be seeing this :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
The more i think about this film 's tone, what really strikes me about it that i think very well make it the greatest Muppet movie ever made is that it that throughout the whole thing, it's a cinematic celebration of the Muppets. I don't really think that can be said about any of the previous films - the first one, of course would come closest to that, but it was more a celebration of the fact that the Muppets made it to the big screen in the first place whereas this would be more a celebration of the Muppets' place in cinematic and pop culture history.

I've done a lot of catching up on Jason Segel this weekend - reading bios, interviews (especially in regards to him and puppetry/Muppets) and he really seems like one of us here on the forums/fansites (wouldn't be surprised if he was a lurker) - just one who has acheived the clout in Hollywood to take our wishes for the Muppets and do something with them.

One thing though about the title - the one drawback is that it kind of dooms any Muppet movies that follow it from being able to claim that title! Though wouldn't it be funny if the next Muppet films that gets made after this one turned out to be The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made? Or even The Next Muppet Movie? (Even if it just had that title if it the film itself wasn't the script that was written with that name). I could just picture the next several Muppet films having titles like "The Latest Muppet Movie", "This Year's Muppet Movie", or "Holy Guacamole! Not Another Muppet Movie?" Though after a while it would be easy to mix up with title went with which film - kind of like how the first episodes of Family Guy all had "Death" in the title even though they had nothing to do with death and the show's staff couldn't keep them straight after a while.

Davina

Reaction score
well, it is a working title.. they have to call it something while working on it.. maybe they will change that as it actually develops... lots of other films have changed title before release..

beaker

Reaction score
I've done a lot of catching up on Jason Segel this weekend - reading bios, interviews (especially in regards to him and puppetry/Muppets) and he really seems like one of us here on the forums/fansites (wouldn't be surprised if he was a lurker) - just one who has acheived the clout in Hollywood to take our wishes for the Muppets and do something with them.
You aren't kidding, did you see Segal's appearance on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon? He seems very passionate about this film, and it was cool seeing Statler and Waldorf make a cameo:

http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2009/03/watch-statler-waldorf-on-late-night.html

Drtooth

Reaction score
Have you ever seen that show "How I met Your Mother?" I didn't pay too much attention to it until I found out one of the stars wrote this... It's a pretty funny show. Sure, it borrows a might from the British show Coupling (in its tone) but I have to say, I haven't seen one lately that didn't make me laugh. His character (allong with Neil Patrick Harris's Barney Stenson) has the best scenes.

One thing though about the title - the one drawback is that it kind of dooms any Muppet movies that follow it from being able to claim that title! Though wouldn't it be funny if the next Muppet films that gets made after this one turned out to be The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made? Or even The Next Muppet Movie? (Even if it just had that title if it the film itself wasn't the script that was written with that name).

I have to say, I also am on the fence about the title... I know the joke they're getting at (this generation sure likes to say something is the Best X ever)... but it really doesn't say "adventure." If it was "the Best Muppet Movie Adventure Ever" or something like that, it would really fit the bill.... or "The Best Muppet Adventure Ever: Battle for the Theater." really makes the title sound more theatrical.

pinksunshine24

Reaction score
Bring it on!

I try not to compare all the different Muppet movies to each other - with all the different writers, the new Muppets used, the different people who do voices, and the fresher celebrities, it's difficult to class them all together! Each movie has their good points and bad, but I think all of them pretty much stay true to Jim Henson's original vision for the Muppets.

So I'm very excited to see what this new movie will be bring - maybe we'll be able to get a whole new generation of fans! :flirt:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ya know i was thinking Segal said that he kind of wanted it to be like Muppets Take Manhatan. So I wonder if Frank Oz would come in and take the screenplay and make it his own. Like he did the MTM. Thats something to think about.