New Fisher Price SST Collect A Pals

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that's the right name... they're small ball shaped figures made by Fisher Price with various different characters that Preschoolers love... so far, they have Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, something called Wubzy (Wubzy? Okay...) They also have a new line of Sesame Street toys featuring 4 characters (you'll be surprised who's in the assortment... trust me)

They have the Standard Elmo and Ernie... they also have an Oscar (and get ready for this) Snuffy. No kidding. These things retail for about 3 bucks each.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
I saw these at my Target yesterday. In addition to the four you mentioned, they also had an Abby and a Count.

SSLFan

Reaction score
LOL. Unique choice of characters. I'm most surprised by them including Snuffy & Count. Thought they would've included someone like Grover or Cookie Monster.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a shame it doesn't include Herry or Biff and Sully. :wink: Hmm, and I have noticed that there haven't been any Murray Monster toys...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw these at my Target yesterday. In addition to the four you mentioned, they also had an Abby and a Count.
Unfortunately, my Target only has Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse Club, and Backyardigans.... Didn't know about the Count, though. I seriously want that one. I really hope we get more series of these little figures.... It would be a great place to test market a Murray.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw these at Target today, and they look really neat. I didn't buy them, but they are cool-looking.

Oh, and they also had a Grover.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They might be stylized and a sub genre of toy (i.e. like Hasbro's cool Galactic/Marvel/Robot/Adventure Heroes line), but this is pretty much what I've been calling for for a while now.... cheap, simple SS collectibles. No large singing Elmos, no odd talking keyboards or cell phones... just some nice little affordable collectibles similar to PVC's... and a Grover? Man, why can't my Target seem to have anything but Backyardigans? (what the heck is that? Some sort of sweater? :batty: )

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I found that Muppet Wiki has a page for these toys. All characters mentioned in this thread were made, as well as Cookie Monster.

muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Collect-a-Pal

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count is by far the pick of the litter there. Looks like they're expanding vynal collectibles for the preschool set. Of course, I have to admit, I think these are much cooler than most vynals I've seen. And cheaper too. Take the same figures, put them in a blind box, and you could sell them for 10 bucks or more.

Reaction score
LOL. Unique choice of characters. I'm most surprised by them including Snuffy & Count. Thought they would've included someone like Grover or Cookie Monster.
Funny thing is, they're both there...

I just want to know where the heck Big Bird is! Being an 80s kid and all, he's still my favorite. Bert, Tully, Super Grover, etc. would be awesome too.

I hope the line continues. I got Oscar, Cookie Monster, Snuffy, and Ernie for my girlfriend at Christmas. We'll have the other soon enough. I really wish I'd gotten Count today.

Here are pics for those interested.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Collect-a-Pal