New Fisher Price SST Collect A Pals

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just want to know where the heck Big Bird is! Being an 80s kid and all, he's still my favorite. Bert, Tully, Super Grover, etc. would be awesome too.
Collect-a-pal shape strongly prohibits and limits the look of the characters. All their features would have to fit perfectly into a ball shape. Big Bird's beak would be out of the question, even though his head would be perfect. Bert also... he has that pointy head. The only other characters that would work are all older AM characters and rounder headed monsters. I'm sure a Murray would work, but I doubt they're going to bother with a second series of these.

Reaction score
Collect-a-pal shape strongly prohibits and limits the look of the characters. All their features would have to fit perfectly into a ball shape. Big Bird's beak would be out of the question, even though his head would be perfect. Bert also... he has that pointy head. The only other characters that would work are all older AM characters and rounder headed monsters. I'm sure a Murray would work, but I doubt they're going to bother with a second series of these.

I don't know, The count's nose sticks out a good bit in his collect a pal. Ad bot big bird and bert have been made into balls before, I'm sure it could be figured out if they wanted. It mostly is just a smaller issue in the overall lak of big bird toys these days.

I hope they make a second series of this... But I don't know how well it's selling, so you could be right there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know, The count's nose sticks out a good bit in his collect a pal. Ad bot big bird and bert have been made into balls before, I'm sure it could be figured out if they wanted. It mostly is just a smaller issue in the overall lak of big bird toys these days.
The Count's nose sticks out just a little, but it doesn't require the shape to change all that much. Not to mention it countours without having to sacrifice shape. Big Bird's beak (logistically) would have to be manufactured facing down ward or sideways to fit the same requirements. It wouldn't look good. I could provide a small sketch to show you what I mean. I'm sure they thought about Big Bird, but couldn't get the logistics together to make it possible. Plus, I think the SS has the highest assortment of any of the other characters they have. Even Disney only has Mickey, Minnie, Pooh and Tigger.

Reaction score
The Count's nose sticks out just a little, but it doesn't require the shape to change all that much. Not to mention it countours without having to sacrifice shape. Big Bird's beak (logistically) would have to be manufactured facing down ward or sideways to fit the same requirements. It wouldn't look good. I could provide a small sketch to show you what I mean. I'm sure they thought about Big Bird, but couldn't get the logistics together to make it possible. Plus, I think the SS has the highest assortment of any of the other characters they have. Even Disney only has Mickey, Minnie, Pooh and Tigger.

Maybe... I still wish they would do it. There is a severe lack of Big Bird merch.

:wisdom: