"The Doozers" preschool series under development

Drtooth

Reaction score
Helpful information doesn't have to be preachy and this Doozer program appears to be the right way to go. :busy:
Yeah... this is the Doozers. Not Captain Planet... (admit it, Toxic Crusaders was much more fun intentionally).

The target age group things bothers me a little. Hope they don't overly stress that.
Again, Sid the Science kid seems to talk to that audience as well, and it manages to keep a certain structure and even reuse songs on an episodic basis.... but it doesn't come off saccharine, and Sid interacts to the home audience much like a talk show host... Ellen or David Letterman for example. It's like we're actually watching a child's pretend talk show. I'd assume the same style of writing and humor would be present. I just hope they have a few nods to the Fraggles and Gorgs for the older fans with kids watching it.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oh man, there'd better not be anything resembling something like Captain Planet. If the Doozers get magic rings, I'm leaving XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
LOL, that made me laugh. I watched Captain Planet all the time but yeah, it could be embarrassingly preachy, hehe.
Nigh on conspiracy theory in some episodes. I liked it as a kid, up until I realized that Toxic Crusaders got NO respect... I like to think of it, as Troma head honcho and creator of the original Toxic Avenger movie referred to it, a sweet little kid's show based off a movie where someone's head gets graphically crushed by the front wheel of a car. :big_grin:

Off that matter, I still hope this doesn't just sit there on cable. Sure, cable is in more homes now than when FR started up... but I still think it would benefit from being on PBS.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've just heard the podcast, and am very excited for the series. Go have a listen! It's much bigger in scope than I'd ever imagined!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
This looks interesting. I think I'd want to see a show first though before making a final descision on it. What's cool is I asked a bunch of people one time who their favorite fraggle was and I got quite a significant number of people saying they really liked the doozers. So it's not as if there isn't some kind of audience out there for it. And if it works I'd say go for it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something tells me this project was semi-connected with the movie. So basically, it's going nowhere. Shame... this could have potentially brought the Fraggles into the eye enough to woo another studio. or at least give us some nice preschool Doozer toys.

Count von Count

Reaction score
It's been years but I think the series will still get made, but only after the Fraggle movie does... and it's imposible to tell when that's going to happen:busy:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I think it would be cool to see it come out if it ever did. It's funny, whenever I ask people who their favorite fraggle is, I want to say at least half say they liked the doozers best. That being said, it seems as if it could be viable if anyone ever picked it up.