Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

beaker

Reaction score
The decision over which Muppets to feature in skits are all Roger's decision.
Muppet characters wandering in the background or in the audience are mostly mine. Occasionally Roger will mention 'Put *such and such* in there somewhere', but it's mostly my call on cameos.

I'm very proud of Family Reunion, I don't care what some reviewer says. It was a big thing to bring Skeeter in after 25 years and try and make her as well-rounded as the regular cast as possible, especially as Roger wasn't all that familiar with Muppet Babies. I was RABID about that cartoon as a kid, so the fact he did such a great job writing Skeeter using only some character notes I wrote up for him is testament to how GOOD Roger is at The Muppet Show.

The only thing I regret is that there wasn't time for me to colour the comic myself. Maybe BOOm will do a special edition down the line and I'll get to recolour it the way I envisioned it would look.
Oh I loved the Skeeter inclusion, especially that she was given a more modern Hot Topic youth look.

But yeah, how come they don't have you doing the coloring? I personally would have liked that a lot more(Im big into strong colors)

Btw, is there a Pepe embargo? I dont think Ive seen him in even a cameo in the last year of issues:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Can I be brutally honest here? That would be MUNDO illegal! Scanilations of comics, especially current ones is one of the major no nos of the internet. Why buy something if it's free, yes... but then no one's gonna wanna shell out the money for it. And as this is a smaller comics company, I actually will side with them. Remember "No portion of this book may be reproduced" is written in bold letters at the bottom of every issue.
Oh I'd be all about downloading comics if I didn't hate reading PDF's or pritned jpgs with a passion. And I prefer to read with something in my hand on paper. Otherwise, Im all about downloading endless gigs of movies, music, programs, books, etc a month:smile:

Also, unless they were pure digital file scans, forget it. I hate home scanned versions of comics.

Uh... no. Go out and buy some, cheapskate :stick_out_tongue:
To be fair, they are actually sold out or comic stores arent getting a lot of the issues. I've turned to paying almost 3x the cover price on ebay given none of the 5 comic stores near me seem to get the newer issues.

beaker

Reaction score
But despite all that, what if you're still too strapped to splurge for an issue when you need it to eat that day? Well, if you can stand the wait, when the individual comics are released in four-issue compilation form, you may very well find copies you can read for free courtesy of your local libraries (the Phoenix libraries have the Muppet books so many others probably do too). Plus there's the second-hand market ranging from second-hand stores to this very forum where people will sell the copies they originally bought at a reduced used price (often those who bought the individual issues when they first came out and replaced them with the book compilations). Though a little more ethically sketchy, you can also do what countless kids across America do and read them in the store.

There are more affordable alternatives out there. But they may involve a little more work than clicking a button on your computer and having it come up on your screen in the comfort of your den.

Or, you can just read the whole issue at the comic store. I've done that with some of the Muppet spinoff issues I didnt want to buy(like the classic story telling) Hey, Im just being honest!

Btw, Web.tv still exists? I totally remember logging onto Muppet Central and the old Delphi forums in 1998 from web.tv, the college computer area near me and the local library. Old school! :stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
You know, I don't want to be mean or make it seem like I'm attacking you in anyway, shape, or form. And believe me, as a broke college student that (as much of a loser as this makes me sound) that still leaves with his grandparents at age 25, I feel for you bro, I really do. However, that still doesn't make it right to ask to view these comics for free, regardless if it's a BIG comic company like Marvel or DC or if it's a sightly smaller company like Boom studios. Remember they're in the bussiness of making money too and if people were to post their comics for free, it will hurt the profits of the sell of the comic, so in a way you're STEALING money from them, probably even stealing food from their kids' mouths. That's the bottom line and their is really no other way to look at it. Again I don't want to sound mean here, but people need to stop with this "oh they're a big company, it shouldn't hurt them if I see said comic/movie/tv show or whatever for free" way of thinking. It's not doing any of us favors. I don't mean to sound hard on ya, so forgive if you feel I am, but that's how it is, sorry you're not in the right for even asking that question.

Anyhow, with that being said. I actually got to pick up a copy of Darkwing Duck issue #1 today (cover B). I'm LOVING everything Boom kids is coming out with, it's top notch. So far in my collection I have...
Muppet show comic: Issue 4-The Miss. Piggy story (limited cover of 500)
Muppet show graphic novel-Meet the Muppets
Muppet: Snow White issues 1 and 2 (both cover B)
Toy Story: Return of Buzz Lightyear graphic novel
Darkwing Duck: Issue 1 cover B

I'll probably be reading that Darkwing Duck comic today and I'm HUGELY looking forward to it. Boom Kids keep up the GREAT WORK.
I respectfully disagree. It was BECAUSE I saw scans of the Muppet show comics that I aggressively sought them out, even when they were sold out. I dont just buy anything Muppet related, I have to feel a connection. So seeing a number of pages prompted me to buy the comics. You cant hold jpgs in your hand(well I guess you print them out or have an ipad, but still) Comic books are still about collecting, as much as Im sure its about seeing what happens in a storyline. One could say its both. Though Im quite picky with those.

Also, we NEED an Up comic book:smile:

The only problem with this is that the owners of the comic can put them online, much like the Garfeild Comics did. Also, my two jobs now, (yay, getting paid fourty instead of thirty, i can go out and buy clothes!) also is to much... I don't even have a local comicbook store to look at the issues.
Hey man I totally hear ya. Shoot that's why I wasn't raised on Fraggle Rock in the 80's despite having some of the merchandise and the books. Too poor to afford cable, let alone HBO on top of that. I got into credit crds this year for the first time, maxed all those out...so money has always been a challenge.

But I mean, I personally believe in free options. I put all my comics online, and when I release my album on a label I also plan to release it free online. See, those who will buy will still buy.

beaker

Reaction score
You know, having Amy do the artwork for Family Reunion was greet, but I'm looking forward to seeing Roger's madcap style again.
I love em both, BUT who is the person who does the Snow White art/coloing? I dont like classic retellings, but I got all those issues based on the art alone. Wowzas.

Also, I wonder how one applies to do art for Boom, as I think I could do some rather good Muppet stuff
(my latest art)
http://www.neoramen.com/archives.php?view=324

I need to do a Muppet webcomic, always wanted to try my hand at that.

Boom is a boon to Disney fans. Lemme just say that. They reprinted the entire Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. And one day, I'm gonna actually HAVE enough money to get it (I wish they would release it in soft cover, though my ONLY complaint). I have subsided on The Italian Ultraheroes and Double Duck series besides the Muppet comics, and they're brilliant. Even the translation. And i dunno if purists would agree, but I love the subtle references to other Disney Afternoon cartoons in these translations (references to St. Canard for one). I wish I had the money to get their entire catalog on a monthly basis.
If you're still too poor to buy stuff, might I suggest ebay? Im probably one of the poorest on here, and I can afford to buy a lot of what I want from selling stuff I dont want or need on ebay.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love em both, BUT who is the person who does the Snow White art/coloing? I dont like classic retellings, but I got all those issues based on the art alone. Wowzas.
I didn't either, but these guys actually get them right! The way they should have been done.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tough Pigs posted a new interview with Roger Langridge. http://www.toughpigs.com/langridge-qa-8/

He gives a bit of explanation regarding the mention of Skeeter's name, reveals details of the next three issues, and reveals some details about the next two storyarcs ("The Four Seasons" and a romance-themed storyarc).

Count von Count

Reaction score
When does the next issue comes out? Boom Studios can be really bad at keeping us informed.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm enjoying all of them. The lastest one is the Halloween kinda themed one. I just can't get enough of all these wonderful Muppet comics coming out. So far my favorite one is the Snow White one. I just can't stop laughing everytime i see The Electric Mayhem. Just them being the 7 Dawrfs. Also Gonzo and Rizzo, i would love to see a movie of this just like "The Muppets Christmas Carol."

But now i'm looking forward for the Christmas one coming out soon. Just can't wait!

dwmckim

Reaction score
When does the next issue comes out? Boom Studios can be really bad at keeping us informed.
According to my local comic chain's "Shipping Next Week" list (which is always very accurate with the exception of last minute, day-of-release changes...which Boom tends to do quite a bit of these days), both The Muppet Show and Muppet Snow White's latest issues come out next week.

I've said before how i've been pleasantly surprised with the jobs each team's been doing with the Muppet Classics, but just to give them major high praise, i'm actually looking more forward to reading the next issue of Snow White more than i am TMS!