Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If the delay is due to some snag with something specific to season 4's content, why not go ahead and put out season 5 first? Yeah, it's unconventional and a trifle confusing, but the Muppets is one of the few shows that can get away with that. On the back, the text can read "After the top selling first, second, and third seasons of The Muppet Show, we proudly present the long-awaited SEASON FIVE! (Fozzie forgot how to count - season four will be next!)" On each of the live dvd menus, there can be a different gag...
I've been thinking the same too, though I wonder if it would confuse and annoy the casual marketplace very much. Of course I like season five better than season four; It's the only season with Lips, it's got the best version of the opening and closing, it's got a good number of episodes I'd like to see (I've watched many of the clips on youtube but I'd much prefer to see the full episodes on DVD), and as I suspect Of Muppets and Men would most likely be included in the fifth season set (though we don't know for sure if Disney is planning on including that special on any of the box sets at all) we'd probably get that sooner.

dwmckim said:
DISC ONE:
Kermit: "And now the Muppets proudly present the dvd box set you've all been waiting for - The Muppet Show Season Fou..."
Gonzo (pops up): "Season Five!"
Kermit: "Season Five? What happened to season four?"
Gonzo: "It's in the laundry."
Kermit: "What's it doing in the laundry?"
Gonzo: "The spin circle."

DISC TWO:
Miss Piggy: "If you thought moi had some fabulous music numbers in the first three seasons of The Muppet Show, you should see the GANGBUSTERS performances I do in Season Four!"
Scooter: "Yeah, you should see them all right! But not today."
Miss Piggy: "WHAT?"
Scooter: "Carl ate season four!"
Big Mean Carl enters and burps: "Thank you!"
Scooter: "Of course some of your best production numbers was in Season Five! How 'bout we show that in the meantime?"

DISC THREE:
Fozzie: "Greetings. My name is Fozzie and I'll be your waiter."
Kermit: "Fozzie, what do we need a waiter for?"
Fozzie: "Because we have to WAIT for season four to be ready."
Kermit: "What do you mean season four's not ready?"
Fozzie: "It's undercooked."
Kermit: "I don't believe that."
Swedish Chef comes out babbling Swedish.
Kermit: "I believe it."
Fozzie: "So in the meantime, we'll have to go ahead and serve season five and release season four later."
Kermit: "You sure that's a good idea?"
fozzie: "Sure - there's always room for dessert!"

DISC FOUR:
Statler: "You wrote."
Waldorf: "You called."
Statler: "You emailed."
Walforf: "You texted."
Statler: "You picketed."
Waldorf: "You yodeled."
Statler: "But unfortunately, they went ahead and released another box set of Muppet Show episodes anyway."
Waldorf: "Isn't there anything that can be done?"
Statler: "I wish there was. I'd rather watch anything than Season Four of The Muppet Show!"
Rizzo: "All right you two. We get the message!"
Waldorf: "Really? You mean..."
Rizzo: "Yep - here's season FIVE of The Muppet Show!"
Statler and Waldorf: "Oh rats!"

You get the idea. Just throwing that out there...
Of course, if season four does get released after season five and we then get a complete series set, I wonder if the disc menus for season five would change or not. I'd expect a complete series to include every episode in order, regardless of the order the sets are released, and on a complete series set it would be odd for them to make jokes about season five being released first.

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Any news?

Hello everybodeeee.....:super:

Has there been any new news about this Season Four? It's just very odd that it's not been released yet, and I'm curious.

your dear friend,
Kitt

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I don't think we have any more news yet. I hope Disney tells us something soon!

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
Well it's about time! I was just wondering where season 4 & 5 are... I just picked up seasons 1-3 at JB Hifi for only $18 ea! Very good deal. :insatiable:

zns

Reaction score
Well it's about time! I was just wondering where season 4 & 5 are... I just picked up seasons 1-3 at JB Hifi for only $18 ea! Very good deal. :insatiable:
Did they choose a date yet, or are you just finally buying the first three seasons?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's May... they got until August to announce if season 4 is coming out before the movie... I still think that there's some copyright snafu they have to renegotiate. Still... we've waited almost 3 years for this one... We could have had the whole collection by now if they didn't put it off until last year which they didn't even release it then.

Still think we should close or lock this thread until we get REAL info.

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
Did they choose a date yet, or are you just finally buying the first three seasons?
I've had season 1 & 2 on my computer for ages (downloaded it)... but just now got around to buying the physical discs for Season 1, 2, and 3.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Still think we should close or lock this thread until we get REAL info.
They already changed the title of this thread from coming out in 2010 to 2011... If we DON'T get it this year, maybe change the title to "Season 4 coming later than 2011". But hopefully they won't have to do that.