What if ALF met the Sesame Street gang ?

Luke

Reaction score
I think ALF is just about the only Muppet that could shut Elmo up!

But yes, Sesame Street was featured in the ALF pilot along with the theme tune - and i also believe that Jim Henson joked at a hollywood dinner for his agent that ALF and Miss Piggy might work together, lol. Jim and ALF had the same agent!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, I wondered if there was some connection between ALF and the Muppets. In fact, in one MAD spoof of ALF, they had several Muppets, including Gonzo, Janice and Kermit, in the end panel...and earlier on, there's this dialogue:

"Who was that at the door, dear? Another alien expert?"
"No, it was Jim Henson!"
"With some good advice?"
"No, with a ten-page subpoena! What is 'copyright infringement,' anyway?"

But I read somewhere that the human actors on ALF routinely complained about playing second fiddle to a puppet - and I remember thinking that they never would have made it on TMS.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But yes, Sesame Street was featured in the ALF pilot along with the theme tune - and i also believe that Jim Henson joked at a hollywood dinner for his agent that ALF and Miss Piggy might work together, lol. Jim and ALF had the same agent!
The funniest thimg imn the world is that the ONLY time ALF and the Muppets ever appeared in something side by side, it was both their animated forms for that PSA special. How wonky is that?