Oscar in "Night at the Museum 2"

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yoda isn't in the Smithsonian, so his appearance wouldn't make sense.

Fluffets

Reaction score

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw the movie last night and Oscar's cameo was pretty good. His pathetic attempt at being evil was funny. Plus, a photo of Cookie appeared briefly when Larry's son was looking up the museum on the computer.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That was hilarious. I also think Larry's entry near the end was a take off of GMC, too. :big_grin:

Fluffets

Reaction score
Well I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out, who knows it might be one of the best movies of all time, along with the simpsons movie, most muppet films and the star wars movies.:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I saw the movie. It was hilarious -- if lacking on anything deeper than a joke -- but I liked the Oscar cameo. It could have been written better, but it was cute cute CUTE! And great to actually SEE Oscar in a MOVIE!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Just got back from the theater. The movie was pretty good, not the best movie ever, but still pretty good (the whole movie was pretty much a live-action cartoon). Seeing Oscar's pretty funny cameo was gold more me. You could tell Caroll was pretty awkward with the puppetry which took away from some of the comic impact but still, a Muppet... in a mainstream movie... in 2009. Yay!

Fluffets

Reaction score
I saw the movie. It was hilarious -- if lacking on anything deeper than a joke -- but I liked the Oscar cameo. It could have been written better, but it was cute cute CUTE! And great to actually SEE Oscar in a MOVIE!
Or at least a non-muppety one. In his history I think this might be his 2nd cameo in any film. (not counting sesame movies). His 1st being in the great muppet caper.:wink::smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
BobThePizzaBoy said:
You could tell Caroll was pretty awkward with the puppetry which took away from some of the comic impact but still, a Muppet... in a mainstream movie... in 2009. Yay!
I don't think it was so much the puppetry as the joke itself. While I CAN see Oscar seeming embarrassed that he's not a villain, I CANNOT see him just muttering instead of letting the Pharoah have it verbally. Darth Vader didn't speak. That left the Pharoah delivering the "punchlines". Oscar deserved better. This is a guy who can tell off kids and his best friends. How can he NOT mock the Pharoah? The tunic thing had been overdone, but there was a LOT to mock. I place the blame squarely on the writers for dropping THAT ball.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree! He should have been upstaging the villain, not the other way around. Especially when he was put down. I'd have thought he'd have a great come-back to that.