Least likeable Sesame character?

Sesamo2012

Reaction score
it seemed like the least person that i did not like was Ruth, although she came to sesame street after David had passed away she tired to run the hoopers store for a while but she was not that entertaining, but she was good in singing, but she was rather okay in my opion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My only quibble with Curly Bear, as I've mentioned before is... how is it that with the last several years or so, she's been walking, and speaking (though still on a childlike level), meanwhile Natasha is STILL crawling and speaking only in gibberish?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd question that logic if Big Bird wasn't a 42 year old 6 year old. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BILL COSBY: How is it that after twenty years, you're still only six-years-old?
BIG BIRD: Just lucky, I guess.

HARRY SMITH: So he went from four-and-a-half to six in thirty-two years?
CAROLL SPINNEY: Right, because in actuality, he'd probably be putting in for retirement, I think.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oops... left out the part where Gabbi and Miles grew up to adults around him...

Anyway, I have to speak up about Mr. Guessing game or whatever his name is. It wasn't so bad at first, but he came back for at least 3 seasons and basically started up the same exact episodes over and over. I have a problem with all these guessing game based episodes (this year especially... did we NEED that many?), but those ones tried way too hard to keep to the same format.... I mean, the mouse ringing the bell, playing a piano, what's the third one? They used the same jokes, and the character really has no personality other than game show host. And not even a funny one. Guy Smiley and Sonny Friendly always managed to bring some wacky weirdness wherever they went. Shame Guessing Game had to be so straightforward.

Sigh... all those times Sonny popped up, gave horrible prizes, and annoyed the heck out of everyone.... priceless. Mr. Guesswhat (HEY! I think THAT'S his name) just brought along formula episodes.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
The least Sesame character might be...

Kermit the Frog: We interrupt this special thread for a special announcement! We here at MC - The Revival would like for you to join our special revival of this awesome forum! Join now and get a hug from Sweetums!

Sweetums: Nothin' like a hug from ol' Sweetums!

Kermit the Frog: We're gonna try and make this place the way it was when it was started! We're gonna make everyone feel like family! So come on down and join the Revival!

Sam the Eagle: It is the American way!

Lew Zealand: We have muffins! He-he-he!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
:confused:: Oh, well done indeed, beakerboy12.
Oh wait- you're not Beakie?
:eek:: Meep! Meep!
:confused:: Yes, Beaker- it seems you have a fan.
Let's go check out this Muppet Revival thread to be on hand for all the autograph hounds.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The least Sesame character might be...

Kermit the Frog: We interrupt this special thread for a special announcement! We here at MC - The Revival would like for you to join our special revival of this awesome forum! Join now and get a hug from Sweetums!

Sweetums: Nothin' like a hug from ol' Sweetums!

Kermit the Frog: We're gonna try and make this place the way it was when it was started! We're gonna make everyone feel like family! So come on down and join the Revival!

Sam the Eagle: It is the American way!

Lew Zealand: We have muffins! He-he-he!
:confused:: Oh, well done indeed, beakerboy12.
Oh wait- you're not Beakie?
:eek:: Meep! Meep!
:confused:: Yes, Beaker- it seems you have a fan.
Let's go check out this Muppet Revival thread to be on hand for all the autograph hounds.
Overkill.

Okay, you know what, we've been discussing least favorite SST characters, but we've mostly relegated the discussion towards the Muppets... what about least favorite of the human cast?

That might be a bit more difficult, but it seems like even the human cast has had some hits and misses throughout the years (especially during the 90s and the ATC era).

Even though I haven't seen much of him, I didn't particularly care for Mr. Hooper's Season Three assistant Tom... I don't know, he didn't seem like he enjoyed being on the show or something, he kind of emitted a negative vibe, I think.

I don't think Mr. Handford had much of an impact on me as a kid either; I don't remember missing him, or wondering what happened to him when Alan took over.

Speaking of which, I SWEAR I saw Alan in a commercial recently, I just can't remember what the commercial was for... I just recall seeing him sitting at a desk, on a phone, with glasses on, and how he was starting to look salt-and-pepper on top.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Even though I haven't seen much of him, I didn't particularly care for Mr. Hooper's Season Three assistant Tom... I don't know, he didn't seem like he enjoyed being on the show or something, he kind of emitted a negative vibe, I think.
I only saw him once on the Old School DVD. I liked him alright; I mean it's New York, there's supposed to be grumpy people, lol.