eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think he was taking the micky but I get what you are saying.
I am glad that EFX are being honest and open with us here. I hope that the PR photos are a **** of a lot better than the MR photos....god they were bad!
I have begun to warm up to this fresh start with the posers that factors in all of the MR hard work and research. I don't think Disney was on the ball so much with the Muppets back then as they are now. The Mouse has taken a crash-course in Muppetdom over the last year or so. They really seem interested in branding the Muppets for longevity rather than niche or mass consumption. They are discovering what the Muppet mold actually is rather than pouring the property into their usual pre-mixed formula. This goes for products, projects and perception. That’s what I am most excited about. It appears that we fans might get this high-end niche product along with other popular exposure – and both will maintain a consistent level of quality. That hasn’t happened since the 80s and never with this much potential. I just hope to afford it all.

doc hopper

Reaction score
No photos is probably going to be good for us, after all, who doesn't remember getting completely let down after seeing the incredible Gonzo prototype!

doc hopper

Reaction score
No photos is probably going to be good for us, after all, who doesn't remember getting completely let down after seeing the incredible Gonzo prototype!
I think that came out wrong! I meant to say that the Gonzo prototype was so kick ***, that the panty hose final was a let down!

Though after I bought it, and saw him in person, the Gonzo final is fine.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with the Fraggle idea. I have yet to build up the desire to spend the money on the Muppet replicas. I have Gonzo and love him. I got him for my birthday when he was very on sale! But if Fraggles were made i'd get a credit card and get them all!:smirk::excited::coy:

Nick22

Reaction score
i'm still trying to save up for animal and gonzo. i want to snatch them up before prices start going up. and i'd like to get them before anymore are released.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Food for thought, do we think reporter Kermit will come with a microphone? Or would that be considered a prop? Looking forward to seeing the differences between the two Kermits. I would not expect nor would even ask eFX(out of line) of the differences.

KK

Bear Man

Reaction score
Sigh...I'm sure these guys have done their market research, but I can't help but think that Kermit and Rizzo are poor choices to start off this line. Kermit has already been produced, and took a while to sell out, and the simple addition of a trenchcoat will not be enough to entice people to buy him again, especially at the price point that they will need to be charging. Rizzo, while he is an often-featured character, I don't believe that he's an incredibly popular character. I'm most disappointed because I think that it means we will not see Fozzie - yet again.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
HORRIBLE! That means we wont get the tiny glimps of Miss Piggy; until the comic con of the year she will made?

Why would they puppet out another Kermit. That is whats getting me! You can freckin make a coat...

Rizzio is okay~ and he'll prob be cheap! So Thats all good!...

JUST NOT KERMIT!

rtgentry

Reaction score
I think you are going to be really surprised with the difference and quality of their Kermit and you wont want to pass it up. This is not master replicas just picking back up. Totally different company guys.:smile::shifty:

muppetperson

Reaction score
HORRIBLE! That means we wont get the tiny glimps of Miss Piggy; until the comic con of the year she will made?

Why would they puppet out another Kermit. That is whats getting me! You can freckin make a coat...

Rizzio is okay~ and he'll prob be cheap! So Thats all good!...

JUST NOT KERMIT!
You wont have to wait for Comic Con every year to see a preview of new characters being made.eFX are using Comic Con this year because it is a big event closest to the launch.
And Rizzo probably wont be cheap! Just because he is small, doesnt mean he is quick to make.It takes just as much time to make and research, plus only up to 1000 pieces will be made, which will increase the manufacturing costs.