eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

I just wanted to give you a little update since our new website is not ready yet.

Last week we had the opportunity to actually photograph, get the necessary reference material and understand the construction of an actual Rizzo muppet and Kermit poser. What incredible puppets! There are so many fine details that we feel give the muppet their unique "personalities" and we will try our best to capture these subtleties in our products. This will differentiate our posers from a simple "stuffed animal." It is amazing to see them "come to life" when the puppeteer put her hand in it to animate it. I can tell you that Reporter Kermit and Rizzo are going to be incredible posers!

Now for the bad news, we are not allowed to post any pictures of the Rizzo and Kermit muppets we photogrpaphed because they only want pictures out that are properly staged and posed. I totally undertand and agree with this rule.

After comparing our prototype to the actual puppet, we definitely have our work cut out for us in order to have something ready for Comic Con.

A lot of people are requesting to be on our mailng list. You can do this by going to our website: www.efxcollectibles.com and register. However, please note that you will have to re-register when we launch our new website since our new site is being built on a different platform and they are telling us that we cannot transfer the database.

Also, you can follow us on Twitter and MySpace. We are eFXCollectibles.

More upates to come.
Thanks for the update! I guess you will be starting with Rizzo and Kermit. Makes sense to me. I hope the frog has a very Muppet Caper look.

I completely understand about holding off on the images. I still believe MR's Gonzo and Animal would have performed better if not for the unflattering photography. I still don't understand how those product shots received Disney approval, but now they seem to be looking carefully.

Also, the addition of particular details is what makes these Muppety. Some of those details were stitched into the past posers and some were neglected. Either way, it's that "something missing" that adds the extra spark. I adore my MR posers and I'm also glad that you are not only continuing the line, you guys are raising the bar. Once you can accept Amex and I'm on board!

goodrastus

Reaction score
Boo? lol. I would rather say Hooray! loudly from the rooftops :smile:. Thanks eFX for giving us updates. The amount of communication and obvious care you're taking is fantastic. Hopefully another poser or two making its way to Oz soonish :wink:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hee hee I'm so excited for Rizzo. He'll go great with Gonzo! =D

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Boo? They're taking a cautious course to insure the highest quality and the most positive visibility. No more crummy product photos. That gets a big woohoo from me. I still think MR’s photographer was largely responsible for sluggish sales. It’s a relief that won’t be happening this time around.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
No boo to hearing the same thing from members over and over and over again. :sleep: The photos he was referring to was the photos they took of the actual muppets, not the replicas. But yes it does show that they will take care and over all basis.

Glad to hear they are taking a swing at Kermit. Very good. Can never have enough frog's.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No boo to hearing the same thing from members over and over and over again. :sleep: The photos he was referring to was the photos they took of the actual muppets, not the replicas. But yes it does show that they will take care and over all basis.

Glad to hear they are taking a swing at Kermit. Very good. Can never have enough frog's.
There should be no "boo" to any of it. Just seemed unfriendly, vague and out of place. Lighten up. It's all good Muppety news. :smile:

Nick22

Reaction score
i understand his "boo". i dont think it actually matters but i understand why he said "boo." well, this news makes me SUPER excited, and i dont know how much longer im going to be able to wait:embarrassed:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
There should be no "boo" to any of it. Just seemed unfriendly, vague and out of place. Lighten up. It's all good Muppety news. :smile:
I think he was taking the micky but I get what you are saying.
I am glad that EFX are being honest and open with us here. I hope that the PR photos are a **** of a lot better than the MR photos....god they were bad!