eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
If efx checked out thhis forum AND THE VOTE
they would know that we want a Fozzie Bear:embarrassed: more than a Miss Pigy:mad: Or Rizzo:shifty:.
Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to getting these, but it is obvious the fans wanted a Fozzie Bear more.
Also look for my efx Sesame Street 4oth Anniversary Post thread coming soon!
Also When I went to buy my gonzo from amazon it went up from $60 something to $99. Blaahh! maybe it will go down again!

the only reason why eFX started out with Rizzo is cause they wanted to start out small and see how well he will sell before getting into the bigger characters. Also due to the economy.

eFX

Reaction score
Thanks. :smile: A friendlier, more informative response from EFX about the issue would have been helpful and better cultivate good will, but I still got my answer.

It's well-known among vendors that the people who worked at MR found a way to resurrect the same basic company and goods with a streamlined version of the staff under a different shingle while MR merely sold its name-recognition to the Brits. Lucky Muppet and Star Wars fans! That's no easy task, but the absence of an Amex option could have been a byproduct of making the transition. But, hey - we get a Rizzo and maybe some other Muppets down the line!

In these troubled times people choose a card that best works for them rather than deal with multiple companies. I understand EFX's limited choices, but it also limits their direct market. I'm not sure how or even if that effects them since it's their entire product anyway. I won't use my alternate ATM backed card for such a hefty online purchase - and I encourage others to do the same due to the lack of fraud protection! Still, it would have been nice to support the line directly. I really wanted to do that and still do!

Anyway, I hope to see a Rizzo in my future somehow. I won't open another line of credit to do so. For a while there it was MasterCard getting the shaft with some companies. Now it's Amex. I have faith my Rizzo will come. :shifty:

Thanks. I hope so. It's what I'm counting on. That's how I bought Animal a while back and he turned out to be a $70 cheaper at time of release. Could work out better for me. :halo:
Hi Frogboy!

I am sorry if you feel that I am not giving you enough details why we do not accept American Express at this time, and not to be rude, but I do not feel that it is our responsibility to explain in detail our reasoning to our payment options we offer to our customers. Just like Costco does not explain to you why they do not accept VISA or MasterCard.

From our research, more than 95% of the customers who have an American Express card, also have at least one VISA, MasterCard or Discover Card.

That is why we have a great network of authorized retailers that may offer you more options for payment. Each retailer may have different options for you. Just like we offer a layaway plan where many of the authorized retailers do not. A list of our authorized retailers is on our website in "Where to Buy"

Also note that if you purchase through one of our authorized retailers, it would be no different than purchasing directly from us. You will get the same customer service and support from us.

However, I must tell you, if you purchase off e-bay or from a third party who is not an authorized retailer, unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for your purchase, since we do not know what they did with the product should it be damaged or defective. I am sure that you understand this policy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hi Frogboy!

I am sorry if you feel that I am not giving you enough details why we do not accept American Express at this time, but I do not feel that it is our responsibility to explain in detail our reasoning to our payment options we offer to our customers. Just like Costco does not explain to you why they do not accept VISA or MasterCard.

From our research, more than 95% of the customers who have an American Express card, also have at least one VISA, MasterCard or Discover Card.

That is why we have a great network of authorized retailers that may offer you more options for payment. Each retailer may have different options for you. Just like we offer a layaway plan where many of authorized retailers do not. A list of the retailers are on our website in "Where to Buy"

Also note that if you purchase through one of our authorized retailers, it would be no different than purchasing directly from us. You will get the same customer service and support.

However, I must tell you, if you purchase off e-bay or from a third party who is not an authorized retailer, we cannot be responsible for your purchase, since we do not know what they did with the product should it be damaged or defective. I am sure that you understand this policy.
This information is much more helpful to me while the other post...not so much. :wink: It's good to know that purchasing through any of your authorized retailers (that might include more payment methods) still supports EFX just as much! Now everybody knows that because of this dialogue. In fact, you've covered a lot of helpful information here. Wow!

I'm sure you have good reasons for the non-Amex policy, but what I really needed was the "work-around" that you provided here. I was feeling alienated as a customer when I merely needed a solution that fell within your estimated 5% margin. Thanks again for expanding on that. It is appreciated and exactly what I wanted to know. :super:

jingo

Reaction score
has anyone seen this.....forbidden planet have advertised Rizzo for release 07th February 2010 rrp at £449.00 ----their price £323.99...count me in !

hoopless

Reaction score
has anyone seen this.....forbidden planet have advertised Rizzo for release 07th February 2010 rrp at £449.00 ----their price £323.99...count me in !
I've seen it now and am suddenly very excited :shifty:
It seems odd that there's not been an announcement yet officially, but Forbidden Planet are awesome. Online customer service is weak though. If it stays like that, I'll be able to get one and working over Christmas will be totally worth it :big_grin:

Thanks for the heads up.

hoopless

Reaction score
wow so that means he is going to be over $500? YIKES
not necessarily. I've found in the past that they don't always convert the price on items like this that come from America. Sometimes they just stick the £ sign on instead of $.

You might get lucky, but I'm waiting for a statement form eFX before I completely believe they have the right information.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great to see the advert, but it is odd that no details have been announced by efx on price or release date.

However this is also what happened with Fozzie, he was on pre order in the UK before any official announcement.

Maybe there will be some official news in the next few days.

Chris

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Yeah...I would wait for Bryan to make the big announcement with the price. All we know is that he might not go up for pre-order till maybe the end of this month or the beginning of next month. Cannot wait to get him. :shifty:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't want to jump the gun and will wait for the announcement...

I understand the production issues, but won't pay over $400 US dollars for Rizzo.

The preorder conversion price from pounds to US dollars comes to $545 for pre-order down from $757 suggested retail price. All of this is before shipping.

Wow. I remember that the posers seemed to be more expensive overseas so I hope that's it. If not - payment plan, shmayment plan, Amex or Visa - I'm out at that price. I'm an uber collector of these posers, but I'll just wait and poach later at this cost. That sort of thinking can cost future posers down the line, but that's just waaaaaaay too rich for my blood. Frogboy needs to eat! I'm skinny enough.