eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Nick22

Reaction score
i'm rully rully RULLY hoping i'll be able to find him a bit cheaper somewhere. there is no possible way i'm paying 400 plus dollars for a replica. no matter how much i may or may not want it. maybe if we're lucky, some of the other retailers will have him cheaper.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
i'm rully rully RULLY hoping i'll be able to find him a bit cheaper somewhere. there is no possible way i'm paying 400 plus dollars for a replica. no matter how much i may or may not want it. maybe if we're lucky, some of the other retailers will have him cheaper.

From what I have seen in the past from other collectibles as far as companies like eFX, online retailers will sell him for the same price as eFX does. The only good thing about it is that eFX is giving everyone a chance who wants one to do a payment plan, retailers will not do that. So the best bet is to get him while he is still fresh from the company who made him! :wink:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I know MuppetCaper knows this because he collects other things besides Muppets, but the rest of you have gotten spoiled by Master Replicas LOW prices on these Muppet replicas.

True limited edition collectibles are always expensive. At one time, the market for limited edition animation cels would have them going for $300, $400, $500 and much more. And this is artwork that wasn't even used in a production, but just created to sell.

If you can't afford them, well, that's totally understandable. I wanted the Enterprise replica that MR was selling, but it was $1200 and I couldn't afford it. But don't expect the prices on these to be low because you can't afford them to be high. There are still people in the world with discretionary money to spend and those are the ones that eFX will target. That's just the way the market works. We can't always get everything we want.

:stick_out_tongue:

Luke

Reaction score
I can tell you, the price will be very different.Should be less than $450.There is also different profit margins.I thought Bryan would of come on here by now, but he has been busy.
If u do the pound to dollar conversion and then take off the import tax and a bit for the distributors cut then you do come to around $450 or thereabouts. So its not wildly different - the main increase really is in the international distributor. If they manage to get it down to $400 then good on them - i expect that is extrememly hard with the current economic situation and we've been saying ever since Master Replicas we would rather have them not cut corners - its a difficult situation as now people are starting to at least get a basic idea of the cost they aren't so sure - i think as long as retailers understand these kind of items are a long term sell they should be ok. They were always way too quick to discount Master Replicas.

I expect these will get slight reductions and be on sales and things like that eventually with those who buy cases or whatever as they have to sell them through somehow but i do see the point that they are going to be hesitant in how much they order at this level and that eFX themselves will probably only have in-house what they have pre-orders for so i agree if any do get discounted there will never be many, certainly not how it went with Master Replicas.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know MuppetCaper knows this because he collects other things besides Muppets, but the rest of you have gotten spoiled by Master Replicas LOW prices on these Muppet replicas.

True limited edition collectibles are always expensive. At one time, the market for limited edition animation cels would have them going for $300, $400, $500 and much more. And this is artwork that wasn't even used in a production, but just created to sell.

If you can't afford them, well, that's totally understandable. I wanted the Enterprise replica that MR was selling, but it was $1200 and I couldn't afford it. But don't expect the prices on these to be low because you can't afford them to be high. There are still people in the world with discretionary money to spend and those are the ones that eFX will target. That's just the way the market works. We can't always get everything we want.

Thanks for that bit of cold comfort. :shifty:

I understand the collectibles market (especially animation cels) very well. With next year's Muppet blitz it might be wise to skip the posers and go for multiple affordable items that could come next year. There will be a heavier saturation of Muppets in 2010.

I wouldn't say we were "spoiled" by MR, however I would use that toward Palisades. They really reached out in amazing ways that went above and beyond anything I've ever seen. Nobody can expect a company to come close to their level of customer care. I purchased 2 of the 3 MR posers at their full SRP and the other one was purchased at time of release from a less expensive retailer. If given a choice, who wouldn't? Actually, buying direct was the worst experience of the three, but there are retailers set up with the singular purpose of pricing and shipping.

It's amazing to get posers at any price, but who knows if the market's going to be there for the rat? It really could go either way. I know that these items are for those who can afford them, but as a fan I'd rather Rizzo find a home with a die hard fan rather than a generic uber-collector that would have a tough time picking him out among a grouping of Muppet rats.

I hope Rizzo doesn't cost that much. I'd really like to have him. The payment option alone proves EFX wants to make him as affordable as possible. However, it's likely I'll get a slightly handled one from Amazon in a year or so if he's too pricy.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It's amazing to get posers at any price, but who knows if the market's going to be there for the rat? It really could go either way. I know that these items are for those who can afford them, but as a fan I'd rather Rizzo find a home with a die hard fan rather than a generic uber-collector that would have a tough time picking him out among a grouping of Muppet rats.
I agree with you here. Rizzo is not even close to my favorite character, but the prototype is so beautiful that I really want one (provided the production models look as good). If Piggy gets made, I'll also have a hard time justifying buying her because she's not on my top ten list, either. I'm glad I'm not the one deciding which characters to make. The ONLY one that's a sure thing is Kermit. I'd have a completely different list than the one we've been told about, but my favorites don't match other people's, so what do you do? I suppose you just guess!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you here. Rizzo is not even close to my favorite character, but the prototype is so beautiful that I really want one (provided the production models look as good). If Piggy gets made, I'll also have a hard time justifying buying her because she's not on my top ten list, either. I'm glad I'm not the one deciding which characters to make. The ONLY one that's a sure thing is Kermit. I'd have a completely different list than the one we've been told about, but my favorites don't match other people's, so what do you do? I suppose you just guess!

I really want this guy. I really want them all to be honest. I work part time managing a collectibles shop in downtown San Francisco to fill in the freelance gaps and let me tell ya', times are tough for shops and customers! I'll see about ordering through the shop if we're able. One Rizzo for me, one Rizzo for display.

I've invested nearly $1,000 in posers and whatnots so far. These really are the ultimate Muppet products. If Rizzo didn't look so darn good I'd easily pass on him. But he's amazing. Each poser should really be priced at $800-1,500, but that would be a hard-sell on the marketplace. $400 is my cap. I also hope they space these out enough. If I can - I will get them all. Times are tough. I've considered selling one of my original Disney animation production cels, but just can't do it!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, $400 is my limit too. I mean, Rizzo's one of my favorites (growing up with Muppet Christmas Carol and all :concern::shifty:) so if he's $400 or under, I'm definitely gonna get him. Otherwise, I'll change that to "probably-maybe" gonna get him hehe.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
im not bothered by the price and i dont feel like i was spoiled...i only bought kermit from master replicas cause he is my favorite and well i didnt really like animal and i just never got around to getting Gonzo yet.....what bugs me was the comment that they were only making as many as are pre ordered.....if it wasnt for that im be more open about getting rizzo without doubt

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Times are tough. I've considered selling one of my original Disney animation production cels, but just can't do it!
I know this is getting completely off-topic, but what Disney cels do you have? I have a pretty big collection.