eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'm shocked that anyone could think $150 doesn't make a huge difference to the average person – especially in this economy.

By saying that people who are concerned about the price could only afford them if the price were the same as a regular plush is an absolutely ridiculous statement – and kind of offensive. Just because you have to watch your pennies doesn't mean you're relegated to collecting $3.50 Beanie Babies or $30 stuffed animals.

To many of us, it's just a matter of deciding if he's a necessary addition to the collection. A lower price for a version without the bangs and whistles may make it an easy decision and also make it doable for people who are on a budget.
Here we go again with the offending people and being told I am ridiculous.:batty: $300 is still a lot of money for some people, yet it may not be that much more to the deluxe version.I am sugesting there needs to be a bigger price difference.Seems whatever I say, I am damed if I do, and damed if I dont.Anybody else want to take over filling people in on what is happening with this line? all this negativity is wearing thin.I am out of here.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
SOURCE... not sauce...

But I can't say no to free pasta sauce... send it on over.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*pours it into envelope and addresses* Well, this could make quite a mess...

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Muppetperson, as I stated in an earlier post above, your updates and insight are much appreciated – whether we agree or not you still have a right to your opinion. But, if you make a statement, you have to be prepared to either back it up or explain why it may be misunderstood. That's the nature of message boards.

Your updates and your opinions are two different things and this whole "if you don't go along with my opinions then I'm not going to give you any updates" business is blowing it way out of proportion.

The last thing I want to see is this board continue to escalate into one of those boards you hate going to because people are always bickering. Whether we have disagreements or not, we're all part of a special community and this should be fun.

Disagreements will happen from time to time. Explain yourself (as you did) and move on. Don't "take your ball and go home" just because people aren't letting you play the game the way you want it to be played. You're a valuable member of this community and would be greatly missed.

stump0

Reaction score
Muppetperson, as I stated in an earlier post above, your updates and insight are much appreciated – whether we agree or not you still have a right to your opinion. But, if you make a statement, you have to be prepared to either back it up or explain why it may be misunderstood. That's the nature of message boards.

Your updates and your opinions are two different things and this whole "if you don't go along with my opinions then I'm not going to give you any updates" business is blowing it way out of proportion.

The last thing I want to see is this board continue to escalate into one of those boards you hate going to because people are always bickering. Whether we have disagreements or not, we're all part of a special community and this should be fun.

Disagreements will happen from time to time. Explain yourself (as you did) and move on. Don't "take your ball and go home" just because people aren't letting you play the game the way you want it to be played. You're a valuable member of this community and would be greatly missed.
Muppetperson thank you for keeping us updated, also I agree with Muppetperson. $100 is not not a big enough price difference for release of standard and deluxe poser. A cheaper version would deminish the value of the more expensive version. With a limited run on the poser for something between $300-$400 is a good deal for the quality we're getting. Thanks again Muppetperson!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Much of the info in this thread from MuppetPerson, me and others has been factual, yet it is also framed by opinion that could be stated far more sensitively. In the end, only the top EFX folk know the whole story on Rizzo. They're a small company with very an extremely limited public relations set up. It would be nice to get just the facts and insight from the source in a thoughtful and timely way, but that’s not likely to happen.

We have that knowledge so the responsibility falls on each one of us to keep things in perspective. It’s a hard thing for me. The uncreative branches of companies tend to rub me the wrong way because they usually lack people skills when speaking to fans and artists. I also find it difficult to trust unofficially-official leaked information, but something’s got to give and that usually requires employing more grace than it might seem I’ve been given.

In other words, this is a tiny company coming out with a great product. Let’s focus on that and take any info with a heaping shovel of salt until EFX makes an official announcement and no matter how their announcement is worded we should take it at face-value. These months and months of conjecture have made many people uncomfortable.

We're lucky that this exciting product has been given a second chance.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Great way to keep it in perspective Jamie!

eFX has kept us in the loop far batter than MR ever did and I'm sure they will come out with a far superior product, too. It's easy to forget that it wasn't long ago that there's be no new posers at all.