eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetguy

Reaction score
I guess it's no more...

So, I guess it's safe to say and assume that efx has squashed their plans in EVER making these muppet photo puppets...right? No news from the company, no plans to try to sell even reporter Kermit? Any news on Disney pulling out of working with efx? It's a shame, cause I really would have liked a Piggy and Fozzie..and Rizzo. :sympathy:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
sadly im not surprised if the line never sees light of day...i think the time frame was just to soon and costs were just to high

Reevz1977

Reaction score
My honest opinion of EFX (in regards to the Muppets atleast) is that they are a complete waste of space. As harsh as it sounds, during the latter days of Master Replicas there was disappointment after disappointment, broken promises after broken promises. It's my understanding that EFX is made up of some of the same key people and...shock horror...it's the same story here. I have sent probably 5 or 6 emails asking where the line stood and I've not had even one reply. There seems to be a complete lack of common courtesy and very little regard for the customer. Like I said, harsh but indeed fair!

muppetperson

Reaction score
So, I guess it's safe to say and assume that efx has squashed their plans in EVER making these muppet photo puppets...right? No news from the company, no plans to try to sell even reporter Kermit? Any news on Disney pulling out of working with efx? It's a shame, cause I really would have liked a Piggy and Fozzie..and Rizzo. :sympathy:
Not totally safe, BUT, it looks like Rizzo,Reporter Kermit and Miss Piggy have moved into the hospital on life support with Fozzie.:cry:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I found that chain that MR's Animal was supposed to come with - EFX has been yanking it all along! It appears their business plan was to hype this nonexistent product into being. Many companies do that, but EFX had begun talking accessories and leading us to believe these items were months away from hitting store shelves.

I commend them for taking a stab at the Muppets. Posers are such a gamble with a very slim profit margin, but EFX knew the challenges. Let's be honest, they aren't just staffed by MR employees, they really *are* MR, but leaner, with a different shingle and tax ID number. Many insiders who have spoken to me expressed some of misgivings long before they announced the Muppet line. I never felt they were quite on the level either.

Anyone can open a collectibles company out of their garage with a little start up cash and some connections. Follow-through is what counts. EFX has the Star Wars license. They really don't need anything else. We're really not "entitled" to anything, but I deal with large and small collectibles companies on a daily basis and EFX's customer service has fallen remarkably short of the median. Where most companies have bent over backwards to keep my business or that of my little store, EFX comes off as either evasive or abrasive. Maybe that's just an isolated incident. I'm an incredibly customer-service-friendly. You have to be in this business unless you're selling hemp-filled Yodas. (No, we do not sell hemp-filled Yodas.)

I admit to being a little bit sour about the posers, but in the end I still want to see them made - by EFX or anyone! If affording one requires my pulling a bank job then so be it! Our store would still be proud to display Rizzo, Reporter Kermit or whatever Muppets anyone releases! I'm at work right now and just received raves about Animal, Kermit and Gonzo. There is a market for these guys.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
They haven't fallen short in the customer service part at all. Over @ RS (Star Wars forum) we hear from Bryan ALL the time. Believe me. They are not losing customers or money for that matter. They just sold three helmets, one studio scale model ( which my money will be going for as soon as I save up the rest.) Two Light Saber replicas and more. Also they have the disney line going on which I don't know how that's doing, but they are still on the move.

Yes, it is really sad that they are not moving with the Muppet line and I understand their stand on this. If they are not made right, we are going to hear a lot of complaining. If they cost too much, people won't buy them and be complaining. We all have been through this three times with MR. So Byran wants to put out good products and I don't blame him. So their is not where to really go with this at the moment with the economy the way it is. My whole outlook is if they make them, they do, and if it doesn't happen oh well. Move on to something else. Only time will tell.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They haven't fallen short in the customer service part at all. Over @ RS (Star Wars forum) we hear from Bryan ALL the time. Believe me. They are not losing customers or money for that matter.
My personal experience has been quite different in the area of customer service and I'm not alone, but I'm sure the more avid EFX forum members enjoy their experience over there.

As stated, they only need the Star Wars license and talented artists to make the replicas for them to do okay. Still, they really should remove the Muppets from their site if they have no intention of making them (no matter what the reason). I guess they paid a lot of money to place the Muppets sticker on their list of licenses.

Davina

Reaction score
Honestly, if they were to outright tell us that the line was on hold due to the economy, etc, that would go a long way to helping us all keep faith, even if only to put them to rest. But the fact that they simply aren't telling us anything about the line.. sure there might be nothing new and they might be tired of the same questions over and over, but come on.. this is a sign that we are interested and want the product, they could at least up date us once in a while, throw us a bone..

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm calling it quits on waiting for eFX to get Rizzo out there. I think the poser line was doomed from the start. I only have the Master Replicas Kermit and haven't gotten around to getting Animal and Gonzo but eFX isn't getting anywhere with the line. They tried, that's the great thing, they were trying so hard and attempting to keep us posted on when Rizzo would be up for pre-order but it never came to fruition simply because the difficulties to produce the rat. We got three great Muppet replicas and it was fun while it lasted but I'm giving up on eFX. Though I give them big points for trying so hard.

MadForPepe

Reaction score
I don't know why this poll shows most people want a Miss Piggy replica, because there are so many available? At least where I live.....

Of coure, the anwser to this poll must be Pepe!