eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't ever recall Bryan delivering a "promise" on anything that they produce. This is new to me.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Neeeeeeever gonna happen! ! ! As the saying goes, where there's a will there's a way and EFX simply have no desire to deliver on their promise - if they did I would have a Rizzo replica staring down on me right now as I work. Now if it were a Star Wars replica I was waiting for...

Sorry for the cynical view but EFX have done NOTHING to address our issues, not responded to posts, not even had the courtesy to reply to emails regarding this line and we are years down the line since their initial announcement...YEARS! ! We put a man on the moon folks but Muppet fur ? C'mon!:grouchy:
Sure, they could go into production on them tomorrow. How much do you want to pay for them? I've seen plenty of griping on here about what the price may or may not be and almost everyone says, "Well, if it's over x amount, count me out!"

So, the problem for eFX is trying to balance quality with price and it's a lot more difficult than you can imagine. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they WANT to make these. It has everything to do with how much they will cost.

:stick_out_tongue:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I don't ever recall Bryan delivering a "promise" on anything that they produce. This is new to me.
Trust a Star Wars to jump to EFX's defence:stick_out_tongue: I actually meant more of a metaphorical promise as opposed to the standard definition:smile:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I just put down $150.00 for the ROTS Luke reveal saber and it cost $499.00 This is a big price jump since the old MR days. It sold real well and is now sold out! I heard that China's economy is getting better, BUT they are getting paid much better. So that means that yes prices will go up for manufacturing anything that is shipped from over their. I like to say that if you want it bad enough you have to pay the price. It is a little sacrifice we all make when we want something. My best bet is to just save the money and wait. I did for Rizzo as well. I have well over $800 saved. It doesn't mean that it is going to cost that much. But it sure taught me how to save for things I really want bad and I have a little extra on the side. Doesn't hurt. I am going to have to send Bryan a PM over @ RS and see if their is anything new going on. Let him know that we all still are all ears and would love to hear from him over @ MC. Hang in their guys, things got to look up. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sure, they could go into production on them tomorrow. How much do you want to pay for them? I've seen plenty of griping on here about what the price may or may not be and almost everyone says, "Well, if it's over x amount, count me out!"

So, the problem for eFX is trying to balance quality with price and it's a lot more difficult than you can imagine. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they WANT to make these. It has everything to do with how much they will cost.

My guess is that EFX is waiting to see if the movie hype helps. Muppet items are just plain a harder sale right now no matter what the price point. They need a current project and will have a big one soon. I'm sure they want to make these. That's why they bought the license. It's still doubtful any Muppet poser will see the light of day.

I understand what you're saying. However, I don't think calling-out fans for perceived griping is an ideal sales strategy. :wink: We are the market. If not us then general wealthy collectors (instead of Muppet fan collectors) are the market for these things and in that case the limited edition prestige would be enough to excite them more than expensive accuracy that a fan would notice.

I know these are going to be more expensive. The question is just how expensive. I don't think stating our budgets for such an item is unreasonable or fussy. It is what it is and this will cost what it costs and if there's enough people willing to buy it they'll make it. None of this is anyone's fault. Some fans just feel that their chain has been yanked over the fumbled publicity of this particular item.

dmoss

Reaction score
My guess is that EFX is waiting to see if the movie hype helps. Muppet items are just plain a harder sale right now no matter what the price point.
As an example, I was snooping around the Disney Online Store, and saw that they had Gonzo Pook-a-Looz. Turned out that (I keed you nawt) they were $4.99 PLUS, they were BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE! So, I definitely jumped at it, but it just goes to show that they maybe don't move as much as other merchandise does...also, the fact that Gonzo was the only actual Pook left on the site, besides a brand-new Mary Poppins. :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
As an example, I was snooping around the Disney Online Store, and saw that they had Gonzo Pook-a-Looz. Turned out that (I keed you nawt) they were $4.99 PLUS, they were BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE! So, I definitely jumped at it, but it just goes to show that they maybe don't move as much as other merchandise does...also, the fact that Gonzo was the only actual Pook left on the site, besides a brand-new Mary Poppins. :concern:
Exactly. I don't understand it either, but it's the same reason why (the last remaining) music stores only carry top artists and their most current albums. We've become such a culture of the now. :sympathy:

Once the movie hits there will be more Muppet stuff. It might not be as much as we'd like starting out, but if the characters become popular again and people know it's Fozzie Bear and not Fonzy Bear then we'll get him in all sorts of products! :embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score

Well said.:wisdom:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying. However, I don't think calling-out fans for perceived griping is an ideal sales strategy. :wink: We are the market. If not us then general wealthy collectors (instead of Muppet fan collectors) are the market for these things and in that case the limited edition prestige would be enough to excite them more than expensive accuracy that a fan would notice.
Just to be clear, I'm not a spokesman for the company. So, my calling out fans for griping has nothing to do with any sales campaign that eFX might produce. I was just trying to correct the notion that if they really wanted to make these, they would already be made.

My opinion on the delay is that it has everything to do with all the complaints about the MR replicas (and I was one of the loudest complainers about some of them). I'm sure Bryan doesn't want to put out a product that will cause that kind of uproar again. He's either going to get it made right or not at all.

I think eFX has a no-win situation here. When they're quiet too long, people complain that they've abandoned the project and the fans and that's terrible customer service and when they give us information, people wind up complaining because of "promises" they've made that they're not fulfilling.

I, for one, still believe what we were told. They can't find a Disney approved factory that a) is even willing to take on the project and b) can do it for a price that won't bankrupt the collectors and still allow eFX to make it worth their while to do. But they are still trying.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I think eFX has a no-win situation here. When they're quiet too long, people complain that they've abandoned the project and the fans and that's terrible customer service and when they give us information, people wind up complaining because of "promises" they've made that they're not fulfilling.

I agree...when it gets quiet over @ Rebelscum....people start to rumble with no updates. Even the stuff that is going to be out to collectors who are waiting on things to ship are still asking for updates. It is a little company and I believe they bit off more than they can chew. I give Bryan and the gang credit for trying no matter at what cost. It is what it is going to be. Only time will tell.