eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I'm not a spokesman for the company. So, my calling out fans for griping has nothing to do with any sales campaign that eFX might produce. I was just trying to correct the notion that if they really wanted to make these, they would already be made.

My opinion on the delay is that it has everything to do with all the complaints about the MR replicas (and I was one of the loudest complainers about some of them). I'm sure Bryan doesn't want to put out a product that will cause that kind of uproar again. He's either going to get it made right or not at all.

I think eFX has a no-win situation here. When they're quiet too long, people complain that they've abandoned the project and the fans and that's terrible customer service and when they give us information, people wind up complaining because of "promises" they've made that they're not fulfilling.

I, for one, still believe what we were told. They can't find a Disney approved factory that a) is even willing to take on the project and b) can do it for a price that won't bankrupt the collectors and still allow eFX to make it worth their while to do. But they are still trying.

:stick_out_tongue:
I agree with that. This is a nearly impossible product to produce. MR did make them, but didn't really "pull it off" completely. Price, perceived quality and lingering stock plagued the line.

EFX has the advantage of learning from MR's successes and failures, but they also have the MR posers built-in fanbase too. Unfortunately that includes latecomers who purchased the liquidated stock at reduced prices. These things should not have ever been priced at $75! That really stuck this type of product in a difficult situation. Fair or not, that's kind of how it is.

Still, if they wait long enough there's got to eventually be some factory who will tackle these at an SRP that falls under $500. I don't think that's asking for the moon. But even if they did land such a deal it's still hard to clear enough pre-ordered units to justify the project. People are poorer than ever right now. We'll see how this plays out.

I'm looking forward to new moderately priced Muppet items to hit the mainstream market. Whatever happened to the Kermit urban vinyl project (modeled after their Disney's Stitch line) that MindStyle was helming? A lot of promised products die in development.

generalFROSTY

Reaction score
Anything new with eFX? I really hope we can see Piggy and Fozzie. Price aside, maybe they will do payment plans?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Anything new with eFX? I really hope we can see Piggy and Fozzie. Price aside, maybe they will do payment plans?
Not yet.It is a long process of finding a manufactuer and then waiting to see what their workmanship is like,which hasnt been pleasing, and then starting all over again.We just have to sit it out till we get news one way or the other.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
On the updates part of it....right now over at the Star Wars forum they are discussing the lack of commuication and updates from the eFX company. I told them that their is more going on with that license than over at MC. I told them at least they are making the props and selling them for the Star Wars license end of it. We haven't even got one pre-order and no updates at all for anything Muppet related.

hoopless

Reaction score
No news? Ok then never mind. I'll come back in a few more months. :wink:

hoopless

Reaction score
I don't wish to spoil it for you, but I highly doubt they'll any news then:stick_out_tongue:
Me too, but you gotta pop your head in now and again just so efx know I'm still wanting to buy. If I expected news I'd be here every day on the off chance.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just got eFX's April Newsletter.No mention of the Muppets although there were hints of more news to come as Comic Con gets closer, so we will have to do some more waiting.