Pre-Order Muppets Letters to Santa DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa" is coming to DVD in September. You can now pre-order and save 30% off the regular price. The special release with feature the entire special, fifteen minutes of deleted scenes, a documentary-style featurette and much more.

Since most of us will be getting the Letters to Santa DVD, we'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.

If you haven't read it, here's an insightful interview from the Letters to Santa writers...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/interviews/letters_to_santa.shtml

Andibcool

Reaction score
Hmm dont know but is that DVD worth it ?
Ive seen the TV special on the net for free.
Maybe for 10-15 $ for the DVD i would say ok but 27$ retail price ? Even with preorder its still 19$ not sure if the extras are worth it.

Nick22

Reaction score
i wanna buy it so bad and help MC, but i'm already trying to get my parents to buy me something else. and when i ask for more than one thing, i always end up with nothing at all.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this release, but that price is asking for alot for a single disc DVD.

I mean I know $27.99 is suggested retail price, but man, if it's just like 20 bucks that's still pretty costly. It was only an hour long tv special and even with those extra features I can't see spending that much money on it, :sympathy:, I'm sorry to say.

I'm guessing and hopefully thinking that Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart (much as it bugs to say that one) and most other places will sell it for half that price, :smirk:. It would be nice to help out this site and just pre-order for that $18.99 price, but in these tough times, speaking for myself here) I've been much more tight about how I'll spend my money than I use to be.

Lori

Reaction score
Fill me in, please

So there I was about to watch the new Muppet movie on tv when my husband and I got into an argument:grouchy:. I was so mad and the movie was ruined because I missed half of it. I could care less about extra sleeves and cost. I'm not rich, but muppets are muppets and if it's available I've got to have it. Loves and hugs to the muppets.:flirt:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
So there I was about to watch the new Muppet movie on tv when my husband and I got into an argument. I was so mad and the movie was ruined because I missed half of it. I could care less about extra sleeves and cost. I'm not rich, but muppets are muppets and if it's available I've got to have it. Loves and hugs to the muppets.
Everyone here is a big Muppet fan hence why we join.

I'm speaking for myself here, but even though I'm a huge Muppet fan I can't and won't paid that much money for a single disc DVD, :mad:. I'm more than happy to spend 30 bucks on a Muppet show season set or Sesame Street old school volumes. I was happy to spend 40 bucks on the Fraggle seasons. But that much money for a single disc dvd, :smirk:, I'm sorry but if I were to spend that kind of money, I better be meeting Kermit the Frog at the same time. Even if that price was like half at Wal-Mart or so for about 15 dollars, I would still find that steep, but I would go ahead and buy it.

Just yesterday, I bought Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-Season 7, part 4, which is a single disc dvd and cames with a little Raphael toy, that was only for ten bucks, a very fair price.

I'm sorry but this tv special wasn't even that good to justify a suggested retail price of 30 bucks, no way, sorry. I'll save the 30 bucks for season four of the Muppet show, I'll be waiting longer, but the price for those DVD sets is totally fair, unlike this one.

Nick22

Reaction score
i agree. dvds seem to just be so expensive. there is no sense in buying ONE dvd for almost 30 dollars.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
for the price there better be some good extra featurs.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
i agree. dvds seem to just be so expensive. there is no sense in buying ONE dvd for almost 30 dollars.
I'm sure once the DVD is released in retail outlets such as Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Target, it will be sold for less than that, the question is, how much less? Even it was 20 dollars at those places, I'm sorry to say, I would still have to pass, :sympathy:. 15 dollars is still kind of pushing it, but I would most likely buy for it. $10 would be a fair price.

Plus maybe I would be more more willing to spend the 15 to 20 dollars if I felt the extra features would something really worth checking out. I mean a single disc dvd better be loaded with extras if asking for that price. But right now I don't feel these extra features are worth it.

Like I said if I'm going to pay 30 dollars for a single disc DVD, I better be getting my picture taken with Kermit the Frog, or a big Muppet doll better come with it or something.

Right now it doesn't look good that I'll be buying this DVD the day it comes out.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi,

Amazon.com has this listed at just $15.99 at the moment, perhaps now is the time to pre order it?

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.