1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Pre-Order Muppets Letters to Santa DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Wow, What a great site, thanks for sharing. As this DVD is being released in the UK on Oct 5th, I think I'll wait. I'll be using this site in the future though.

Chris
  2. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

great site :)
  3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Really? It runs 55 minutes? WOW! That's almost 15 minutes longer than the broadcast version! So there were a lot of extended/added scenes then, muppet_dk?
  4. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I have not compared the two versions yet, after I wrote the wiki article and posted here and on toughpigs I was out the door. I will be back home this evening, then I will try and compare the two versions.
  5. theprawncracker

Great! Thanks a lot! :D
  6. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I'm a bit unsure about the copy I had with this, are the only credits in the broadcast version a list of the puppeteers ?
  7. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

The broadcast version I have are without credits so I'm a bit unsure how much extra the last few things are.

But anyway heres a almost spoiler free list of extended scenes. In one of the scenes a new character are mentioned by name, I won't add him to the wiki, so I won't ruin it for you guys.

The scene in front of the post office are around 30 seconds longer.

The scene where the gang walks down in the hallway in the apartment building, after getting thrown out of the post office are around 30 seconds longer

The close-up at the carrier pigeons comes after the male pigeon says he can carry anything anywhere. The scene were the two pigeons discuss are around 10 seconds longer.

The scene with the Swedish chef and the mafia bosses are 15 seconds longer

The scene are longer at the airport were Kermit says "Who wants to go to the North pole", around 20 seconds.

The scene where the gang goes through the security check are 8 seconds longer. The camera pans by the line in front of the muppets.

The scene were the muppets enter Claire and her moms apartment the turkey is seen going past Claire before Lew Zealand. (a few seconds extra)

After Rowlf goes past Claire's mom, theres a extra scene with Pepe talking to claire at the door, around 10 seconds extra

A extra scene with Gonzo arriving, 10 seconds.

The Electric Mayhem comes with a few comments as they pass Claire's mom, 35 seconds.

A extra scene with Doctor Teeth and Zoot, after Claire asks if Robin want to help her, 7 seconds, Small spoiler alert Zoot's religion are revealed.

After a credit list of puppeteers, the blooper real begins, length around 4 minutes and 30 seconds, right after that the "Glad all Over music video" runs, followed by the main credits with additional bloopers. After the credits more bloopers are shown with Bobo and Nathan Lane
  8. theprawncracker

Excellent! That all sounds GREAT! The Band is certainly featured a little bit more, that's wonderful. :D Can not WAIT for this DVD!
  9. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Hmm, it comes out in about a week here! That's soon!
  10. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i can't wait either! i'm probably gonna buy it right when it comes out. lol.
  11. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

LOL

ive never seen it so im defintily getting it like the second they get it in
  12. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Even when I get it, I probably won't watch it until around Thanksgiving ;) I don't like to get into the Christmas mood too early.
  13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

You should always be in the christmas mood!
  14. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

i agree but my mom yea i don't think so.....
  15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.