The Muppet Central Freelance Writers Guild Project

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm gonna work on the survey answers, since frankly fanfic awards aren't really consistent. Besides, that's eight (IIRC) topics on that survey, so it'll take me awhile just to do them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The lack of Sesame Street fan fics is news to me. I know I've written quite a few (both actual stories, scripts for potential video compilations and anniversary specials, scripts that could work as short sketches, and episode outlines). Maybe it's just me who has written the majority of SST fan fics at Muppet Central.

However, I've noticed that there have hardly been any Muppet Babies fan fics. I noticed this a year ago and wrote one, though I don't think it was too good (I honestly can't remember the title, and hardly remember what it was about).

I don't recall reading any plots about Kermit and Piggy's wedding. Weird. Then again, it's been awhile since I've read anybody else's fan fics.

And I had been wondering about the reason for the change from SS to SST regardign Sesame Street abbreviation. I had been meaning to start a thread asking about it, but had been kind of lazy.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking "Gee, I know I've seen at least a dozen fics/scripts that start with SST". :stick_out_tongue:

I could see Muppet Babies being hard to write, possibly for the same reason focusing on the youngest members of SST would be. Even aside from coming up with awesome songs to go along with it, there's still the problem of writing toddlers. I guess a marathon youtube stint would help (marathons are what I do when I want to write someone).

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Okay, Ryan, I've sent my feedback on that one review - check your inbox.

I'm working on a few different versions of a Hunt tribute, and eventually I'll have one ready to send off.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I have to drop off Bear to get the snip-snip procedure tomorrow morning, but after that I will try to work on the first topic of the fanfic articles, showcasing the best characterizations of major Muppet characters.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope this can be pushed through and put into the works. I'd love to see more content take place on the main site.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
One topic down, seven more to go. People pick really long fics, LOL.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't recall reading any plots about Kermit and Piggy's wedding. Weird. Then again, it's been awhile since I've read anybody else's fan fics.
Many many many MANY fanfics here are about the results of their wedding. Almost everyone has their own version of it, and their own take on it. I'm surprised that you haven't seen many around...Although Ruahnna and Leyla are here less often now, and they were two of the main campaigners for the wedding in their day.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I've read a couple, and then my own And If That Diamond Ring Turns Brass fic sort of kept it as a subplot (okay, it's been a subplot ever since the Comeback King Saga).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, lest you forget the halves' delving into that subject. :shifty: plug for some of Toga/Prawn's works.