The Muppet Central Freelance Writers Guild Project

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Erm... To Prawny and everyone writing/editing. Please abbreviate Sesame Street as SST. Been trying to inculcate that habit by changing any SS-titled threads to SST instead. Thank you for understanding. :wisdom:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Erm... To Prawny and everyone writing/editing. Please abbreviate Sesame Street as SST. Been trying to inculcate that habit by changing any SS-titled threads to SST instead. Thank you for understanding. :wisdom:
*blink* Why the sudden change in abbreviation?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... It's not so sudden, I think it's been implemented for at least the last two maybe three versions of my Muppet Listings. But if ju rully must know... Was informed by fellow mod squad member MuppetQuilter about this... Sesame Workshop prefers the SST abbreviation and use it internally, as just SS has a connotation of also being the abbreviation for the Nazis' Secret Service army, and Sesame prefers to distance themselves from such lingering negative thoughts that may be conjured by anyone confusing/associating the two by that abbreviation alone.

Hope this explains things better. :shifty:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well... It's not so sudden, I think it's been implemented for at least the last two maybe three versions of my Muppet Listings. But if ju rully must know... Was informed by fellow mod squad member MuppetQuilter about this... Sesame Workshop prefers the SST abbreviation and use it internally, as just SS has a connotation of also being the abbreviation for the Nazis' Secret Service army, and Sesame prefers to distance themselves from such lingering negative thoughts that may be conjured by anyone confusing/associating the two by that abbreviation alone.

Hope this explains things better. :shifty:
Ahhh. Yes, that's very understandable. Got it mon moderator-man! It's now SST from this prawn! :super:

And by the by... I posted a new chapter, in case you missed it. :insatiable:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Jes, I found it okay. But the previews made it sound better. :concern: I is waiting for something, meatier. Like what's the deal with this chalis? Does it spew blue flames on Halloween night for deciding entrants into a highly dangerous series of competitions? Does it hold all the waters of the world and thus never able to be fully drained no matter how much you drink? And just who is that lady frog that incurred the dread wizard's love and such a stupid law anyway? Questions need answering... Inquiring minds want to know! Fright now!
*Ahem... Finishes plea for fanfic goodness, submits request to Linda.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Jes, I found it okay. But the previews made it sound better. :concern: I is waiting for something, meatier. Like what's the deal with this chalis? Does it spew blue flames on Halloween night for deciding entrants into a highly dangerous series of competitions? Does it hold all the waters of the world and thus never able to be fully drained no matter how much you drink? And just who is that lady frog that incurred the dread wizard's love and such a stupid law anyway? Questions need answering... Inquiring minds want to know! Fright now!
*Ahem... Finishes plea for fanfic goodness, submits request to Linda.
Mr. Prawn thanks you for your concern.

~ Linda

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I've been considering a series of articles (since this would probably take forever in one file) about MC fanfics. Which characters are written about the most? What are the most common plots? Oldies but goodies? Award-winners?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good idea. Awards can be found by cross-searching for the MC Award threads. I find that a common plot for some authors is Kermit and Piggy's wedding, there are at least three I can think of addressing that. Another tangent is the crossover fic where characters from other franchises are brought into conflict with the Muppet realms. Also, I notice that there aren't that many SST fanfics or SST fan-made characters, which is why I heartily welcomed Jellybean, though there are some good SST fics here. As for favorite characters or fics, we all have predilections that may mirror or differ with each other. Maybe if you made a survey and submitted it via mailer to MC friends or make a thread of it... This could work with interesting results.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The lack of SST fanfics actually inspires me for a topic all on its own. Thanks for your help.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Actually, the awards one may not happen, as I can't even find a third edition and the second one skips "The Golden Book" concept (it's not fair to substitute for another category), and I can't seem to locate the first one either. Geez, y'all need to be more consistent. :stick_out_tongue:

Edit: I think I'll try the survey idea and review the top results.