The Muppet Central Freelance Writers Guild Project

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:smile: Oh good. *Pockets money from the check from that Prawn guy after a promotion posted in the 40th DVD Boxset thread. *Whistling Toga's theme.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Thanks much for the support/plugging, Ed! It means a lot!

Also, thanks again to Jamie. He's continued to show his full support throughout this whole thing, and it means a ton! :big_grin:

And finally, thanks to all the writers and editors. You guys are why this is happening!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks much for the support/plugging, Ed! It means a lot!

Also, thanks again to Jamie. He's continued to show his full support throughout this whole thing, and it means a ton! :big_grin:

And finally, thanks to all the writers and editors. You guys are why this is happening!
I'm glad to help. You guys have worked so hard to pitch, create, write, edit, proof and submit content to facilitate the process so that the only things left are formatting and upload. Those aren't simple steps in a site like this. It takes a chunk of time that only the webmaster can do. Maybe it should be asked if there's any formatting that can be done by one of you guys in the guild. Anything to streamline the process would be great.

I can't wait to see everything up!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
You mean like set it up and save it as an html file? 'Cause that's really not that hard to do. It's a just a "save as" kind of thing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You mean like set it up and save it as an html file? 'Cause that's really not that hard to do. It's a just a "save as" kind of thing.
As someone that actually does this for a living the answer is - no, it's not quite that simple. You don't just save a word document as an html file and upload it. If it were life would be a whole lot simpler and I would have had a lot fewer sleepless nights working for clients! :wink:

Each page must be formatted to fit the site's template. Layout must look pleasing, graphics must be created, chosen, composed and linked. Page linkage must be mirrored throughout the site in every page that references the article including the main page, articles page, reviews subsection among others. It must be tested and debugged for view in mutliple browsers and approved by the writer and staff. Now multiply that by many articles and it becomes a lot more complicated. After all that each article is usually promoted here on the forum.

It aint easy. :attitude:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Ah. Okay. I don't know if that's within my capabilities. Just wondering. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ah. Okay. I don't know if that's within my capabilities. Just wondering. :big_grin:
Maybe some of it would be. I hope my post didn't seem obnoxious, there's just a lot of things to consider in integrating a page onto a site. I have a lot of clients that don't understand the complexities of quality web publishing. Tough Pigs and Newsflash have a lot of the same hoops, but a streamlined format that makes it quite easier. MC has a built-in protocol that's not always suited to expedience, but has a bit more sparkle.

I'd really like to see if Phillip could provide an html template to submit or maybe he'd rather do that portion. Whatever would help. I know it's a daunting task and Phillip is particular about how things look so he prefers to do much of that himself.

I support whatever will make this faster. I'd love it if we could turn around an article and publish it within a couple of days.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I support whatever will make this faster. I'd love it if we could turn around an article and publish it within a couple of days.
You and me both. :stick_out_tongue:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Sweet! Feedback! Can't wait to see what happens!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I know I have 2 articles left to go on my side, but I'm taking a break, as there's been a bunch of stressful stuff. I just need to chill.