The Muppet Central Freelance Writers Guild Project

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think we've relied on the forum for too much content these days. It's time for some action and movement around here on a regular basis. I hope something can be devised. I really do. However if someone makes a sister blog I'll support that once all has been exhausted here. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'd like that idea, but Phil did say that they'd start appearing next week. So, I'd hold out until then.
He actually said that they'd start appearing this past week...

RedPiggy said:
I just kinda figured with my submission I gave permission to be used however, so long as a whole bunch of words aren't put in my mouth, LOL.
*sighs* *puts away dictionary on a plate*

frogboy4 said:
I think we've relied on the forum for too much content these days. It's time for some action and movement around here on a regular basis. I hope something can be devised. I really do. However if someone makes a sister blog I'll support that once all has been exhausted here. :smile:
Jamie, do you have any ideas on how we could get this moving any faster at all? I know you've done a whole lot, I'm just desperate for something to get moving.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
sighs* *puts away dictionary on a plate
ROFL ... I mean, I know sometimes I don't talk none too gud, but I can't stand it when I is quoted rong.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
He actually said that they'd start appearing this past week...

*sighs* *puts away dictionary on a plate*

Jamie, do you have any ideas on how we could get this moving any faster at all? I know you've done a whole lot, I'm just desperate for something to get moving.
Honestly, what Phillip needs is a webmonkey = some new trustworthy MC staffer that he can train and allow to upload directly to the main site under his watchful eye. I mean, we have the ideas, the writers, the graphics, the editors and members with web capabilities.

The bureaucracy is what shuts things down. I think we have enough bandwidth at MC to do many more things. I know Phillip is busy, but we're at the point of asking - what exactly does he want from this site? Is it only a forum now? Is it a place to purchase products through linkage? Or is it a place that he wants to live, grow and thrive?

There are eager, talented people. It is my belief that the Frog in Chief here needs to get a trusted Scooter for web management so he can make editorial decisions once the work is pretty much done. New content shouldn't take more than three days with our set up. And with an appointed web manager new content could be turned around within 24 hours.

That's the solution for something beyond this new batch of articles. We have come to the point where we all must ask - What is Muppet Central?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rest assured there is both a short term and long-term plan for increasing content on the site with the ultimate goal of getting a lot of quality content on the web quickly and efficiently.

As has been mentioned, we will be looking for some key folks to join the team. Some of the people who have submitted content may want to be a part of that. More details will be announced in the future as all the specifics are ironed out.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Honestly, what Phillip needs is a webmonkey = some new trustworthy MC staffer that he can train and allow to upload directly to the main site under his watchful eye. I mean, we have the ideas, the writers, the graphics, the editors and members with web capabilities.
Exactly! I've never understood why a web formatting "go-fer" of sorts has never been hired for the site. There are plenty of reliable forum members who would be more than willing to help out. That's the whole reason I'm pushing so hard for this writer's guild to work. I want to be a contributing part of this site, but there are just no opportunities for it whatsoever. I understand there are plenty of people who Phillip and the staff don't want working on the site... but there are also tons of people who are reliable enough to make this site a fully functioning, welcome place to be.

The bureaucracy is what shuts things down. I think we have enough bandwidth at MC to do many more things. I know Phillip is busy, but we're at the point of asking - what exactly does he want from this site? Is it only a forum now? Is it a place to purchase products through linkage? Or is it a place that he wants to live, grow and thrive?
I've been asking that for two years, at least. There's so much opportunity for expansion, and when the forum members are asking to help contribute to the expansion... you'd think the staff would adhere to it. It seems, like you said, that it's fallen into a rut of being only a forum. Buying merch through links is a great way to fund the site, but it makes the forum look cluttered--WHY not have official MC merchandise to help fund? We've been clammoring for that for... ever.

That's the solution for something beyond this new batch of articles. We have come to the point where we all must ask - What is Muppet Central?
Exactly. Is it a fan-friendly place to grow, contribute, and have fun? Or is it a place where only the higher-ups can make the homepage fun?

All I want to do is help. Why can't I?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Rest assured there is both a short term and long-term plan for increasing content on the site with the ultimate goal of getting a lot of quality content on the web quickly and efficiently.

As has been mentioned, we will be looking for some key folks to join the team. Some of the people who have submitted content may want to be a part of that. More details will be announced in the future as all the specifics are ironed out.
Thanks so much for the response Phillip.

This is the first time I've seen MC members this proactive and excited. I really would enjoy seeing it harnessed into the main pages. I hope it gets there.

I would welcome sharing the graphics load with other talented people on the forum. In time I would like to put a spit-shine on the menus too. That will take time, but it is always in the plans.

Thanks again for the response. It's very nice to hear that there's a plan in place. :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yes, Mr. Chapman, as a relative newcomer, thanks for the response. Even if my stuff is never put up, I welcome seeing new stuff show up. There are quite a few of us here who would like to contribute. The best part of the Muppets was the concept of pulling together to make something work. That is how it can be here as well.

Luke

Reaction score
Good to hear there are plans for expansion - i know things have kinda been planned in a way where lots of people are involved in certain projects and key people aren't always around - the episode guides specifically which are great and also the cards. Hopefully some of the keen people around here can help get that stuff finished at last.

I think adverts and store links are integrated quite well, it's very minimalist, yet its still on view and not just hidden away in some area of the site people would rarely visit. Hopefully new content for newly released stuff would help create excitement around the products/shows, writers could have maybe got access to the people involved in the Tonner Piggy line or the posers and it'd be good to see some concept stuff there.