The Muppet Central Freelance Writers Guild Project

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Mmm... The forum threads pretty much serve as my news info, except for when I check out the articles at TP. Muppets.com, ha, they need to make it available to us international fans first and foremost. Maybe if the MC mailing list articles got posted on the front page and announced in the appropriate section the day we get it in our inboxes... True, they do arrive after we've found out about the news on the forums first, which is why I think both should be synched with each other in terms of timing. But even that wouldn't stop our ravenous fannish speculative talk. Oh well... Check yous later.
Count down.
This place used to be much different. The site and forum should feed one another, but now the forum has basically become the site. That's how news gets lost. If not for Muppet Newsflash the Muppet community would have starved. It's been carrying the absence here and the weird period at Tough Pigs before it was revived by some really dedicated fans. It would be nice to do that here. I always have hope that Muppet Central's main page will improve.

The issues as I see them:
*Lack of current news unless it's an Amazon product link.
*No Cards Section for several years now.
*Incomplete Episode Guides (TMS 3 has been out for a year now, FR discs and now the complete series but not one guide for it.)

It's not for a lack of interest or man power. That's what I still don't understand. Makes me kind of sad. :sympathy:

Luke

Reaction score
The halloween special is a go (to the best of my knowledge) they were filming something a while back, i assume its that.

I'm not about to get overly critical on MC (not that its stopped me in the past at times, lol), but i do agree that it should be the site carrying the forum not the other way around. A lot of people don't bother with the main site now which is a big shame and in any case, this site (as a whole) has been the main hub for the Muppets since like 1997 (ish) and deserves to be a lot more than a forum (and fantastic radio station it must be said).

The whole amazon linkage, the site could really do with focusing more on editorial or other news as well. It's not a good idea for anyone to just see the site as a shop - and in anycase if a product comes out and people are able to read a review instead of just a few words and a link, they are gonna be more likely to buy the product via the site, and it makes having the shop links look more appropriate.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
The halloween special is a go (to the best of my knowledge) they were filming something a while back, i assume its that.

I'm not about to get overly critical on MC (not that its stopped me in the past at times, lol), but i do agree that it should be the site carrying the forum not the other way around. A lot of people don't bother with the main site now which is a big shame and in any case, this site (as a whole) has been the main hub for the Muppets since like 1997 (ish) and deserves to be a lot more than a forum (and fantastic radio station it must be said).

The whole amazon linkage, the site could really do with focusing more on editorial or other news as well. It's not a good idea for anyone to just see the site as a shop - and in anycase if a product comes out and people are able to read a review instead of just a few words and a link, they are gonna be more likely to buy the product via the site, and it makes having the shop links look more appropriate.
According to Craig Shemin when I saw him at the recent Muppet Movie screening in Brooklyn, NY he said the Halloween special wasn't happening that they ran behind schedule and it wasn't going to be out in time.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Aw, at least they won't be rushing through it like last time. We have to wait and see what announcement happens at the Disney conference. I wonder what part ran behind schedule? It seems the money and performers were there. Was it a writing or location issue?

I hope they filled the time shooting some other goodies.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Awww what a shame, so close.

Thanks Melissa
I know, I was interested in that project too. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and to see the Muppets do a Halloween themed special would've been fun. Well, maybe they'll have one ready for next year? Unfortunately Craig didn't go into specifics as to why it wasn't going to happen this year (not that I asked him either lol) but someone did ask about the special between the two screenings at BAM cinema and that's all I was able to get information wise.