Your Thoughts: Upcoming Elmo Tickle Hands

muppetfan1999

Reaction score
This is the website for an upcoming Elmo toy called Elmo's Tickle Hands.

http://Ticklehands.com

How do you think this new toy looks based on the website?
Would you make any changes?
Do you think it will be horrible?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do we really need more Elmo stuff?
Yes. And here's why...

They made a crap load of money off of the Elmo toys (up until recently, and that was because of the Recession) and it goes back into the show's production. If they have a huge hit toy line, then they won't have to lay off 20% of their workforce, they'll have more investments going into the show, and they won't have to make cheaper, longer segments in CGI...

Now, while Elmo Live SHOULD have been a hit, it was severly affected by the Recession, and they went unsold, and SW actually had to do all of those things I talked about. Cheaper, smaller gloves (while a stupid idea, frankly) seem to be cost effective enough on the part of the toy company (Matel has a history of over charging for tiny little things... go to Target and look at the 8 dollar Toy Story figurines), as well as consumers who are clearly gonna spend nothing on Christmas this year.

Personally, I wanna see GREAT 40th anniversary collectibles, but I doubt we're gonna see anything at all. Outside a couple books and a DVD that is... I sooo wanted a second series of SS Pez dispensers.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well, this toy could be interpreted as something dirty, like the Potty Time with Elmo book. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sighhhhhhh... I could only imagine what could have been had Elmo live been released ONE YEAR Earlier and was a success... we wouldn't have to stoop to using excess Elmo fur and cheap extra tickle mechanisms for a toy. I just wanna see another series of Collect-a-pals.