1-2-3 Imagine! with Elmo & Friends

StarrFilter

Reaction score
They're all still there in the Vee Warehouse. Herry isn't a character on SS anymore so I doubt he'll be making an appearance in any SSL shows. But yeah, if they were to update Let's Play School they would have to add Abby, as well as Baby Bear, Rosita, Telly and Zoe. I'm sure they would replace Betty Lou, Grundgetta, Barkley and maybe even Prairie Dawn and one of the Honkers. Elmo was in that show, but I'm sure they would make it more about him if they updated it.

SSLFan

Reaction score
*sigh....* i'm not at liberty to say just yet, but i found out what the next SSL show is gonna be... It's another repeat.... And sadly it's Not Let's Be Friends... :-(
Hmmm...the "hinting" in this article completely gives it away now! They're bringing back Super Grover! Ready for Action huh? I mean Ready for Action...no, wait! It's Elmo! Ready for Action. Or whatever they call it this time.:stick_out_tongue:

Seems kinda soon, considering it was JUST taken off the circuit not too long ago, if you include those interantional performances. And funny, I thought they were going to revive Out of This World, hehe. But SG!RFA was a really good show, just seems weird how they're bringing it back so quick. I wonder how they're going to include Abby, like is she taking Prairie's lines because it seems sort of impossible to drop Zoe (considering the Fab 5 "monster" refrences throughout the show & the Rocco jokes). And then there's the Journey to Ernie segment portion, which isn't even on the TV show anymore.

Oh well. Shall be interesting to say the least. But Let's Be Friends would have been perfect! It has enough Elmo for the little ones (he was basically the star IMO, though I crack up Big Bird still received higher billing in the program book, LOL.) and its one of the rare shows to feature the likes of Snuffy, Hoots, and even Roxie.

:wisdom:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Told you So :-P

They're calling it Elmo's Healthy Heroes
http://www.lacrossecenter.com/CurrentEvents.aspx?EID=33

Out of This World was kind of a crappy show. Poorly written. Kinda Boring. I agree they should remount LBF (which I'm certain they would rename... Elmo's Friendship Club)

All the tours are going down to 13 characters with no ramp and maxi stage. In EHH, Abby is replacing Rosita and Rosita is replacing Baby Bear. And since it will come back as the 13 performer scaled down version, Prairie will prob be small understudy. I think they'll make a few changes to the Journey to Ernie section and possibly drop the Rocco lines.

OTW would have been even harder to remount because it references the Journey to Ernie, Global Grover and Hero Guy skits which are all outdated.... Not to mention, That Show Sucked :smile:

But they NEEEEED to bring back Let's Play School (which would probably be named Elmo's Play School) That show was AWESOME!

SSLFan

Reaction score
All the tours are going down to 13 characters with no ramp and maxi stage. In EHH, Abby is replacing Rosita and Rosita is replacing Baby Bear. And since it will come back as the 13 performer scaled down version, Prairie will prob be small understudy. I think they'll make a few changes to the Journey to Ernie section and possibly drop the Rocco lines.
Really? So they're all basically downsized theater tours huh? Wow that's something. And they're getting rid of the "infamous" ramp/maxi stage. Wow. Kinda speechless on that right now...

SSLFan

Reaction score
Very difficult to figure out the casting, but I'm guessing it'll be...

Super Grover
Elmo
Zoe
Abby
Telly
Kay(?)/ Oscar
Blue Honker (tall u/s)
Baby Bear (or Rosita?)(medium u/s)
Prairie Dawn or Roxie (small u/s)
Big Bird/ Number 0, vegatable
Ernie/ Sheep/ vegatable
Bert/ Sheep/ vegatable(?)
Cookie Monster/The Count

That's the only thing I could figure out, not really sure about Rosita's part or the Number 1. I'd say it's rather confusing figuring how they're going to do this show with only 13 performers, even 14 would have been fine. Glad you said it's only temporary!:wink:

OTW would have been even harder to remount because it references the Journey to Ernie, Global Grover and Hero Guy skits which are all outdated.... Not to mention, That Show Sucked :smile:
LOL dude, I just had to ask...what are your favorite/ least favorite SSL shows?

But they NEEEEED to bring back Let's Play School (which would probably be named Elmo's Play School) That show was AWESOME!
Yeah, and Sleeping Birdie looked kinda cool too. Though chances of that coming back are 1 in 1,000,000,000 LOL.
I'd love to see all the old shows actually. It's just something really magical about the old shows and something special about them that the current shows (no offense) just don't seem to have anymore. I know part of the reason is probably from me getting older, but really, if you look at the old shows they really have a *spark* to them, in a sense lol. While they weren't perfect, it seems they weren't "over-perfected" either like they are today, or try to be.:big_grin:

Like everything was down to the mark, from the costuming to the scenery, which were at the top of the line (IMO) back then, mainly in the 1990's. Also, not much of a fan of the TV screen they've been using this past decade or so(thanks Everyone Makes Music.) And plus, EVERYTHING is still in storage, so they really could have used the old 1-2-3...Imagine! set if they wanted. Besides, the stage with the SSL sign hanging over it (not the one used in today's theater tours) decked out in lights REALLY adds to the whole "live" experience.

SSLFan

Reaction score
It'll come back. Don't worry :smile:
Whew! I know the cast is smaller and everything, but I wonder if they could have gotten away with using the smaller ramp like from the old shows.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Well this is how they did the cast last time RFA was on the theater circuit:
Grover/ Number 1
Elmo
Zoe/Gene
Telly
Rosita
Cookie/Oscar
Big Bird/ Number 0
Bert
Kay
Ernie-Kay
Baby Bear/Count
Understudies: Roxy/Grundgetta/Honker

My favorite newer shows are EGT, EMM and ECB! Although WEGU has the BEST choreography. And RFA... or EHH, is the Funniest and prob most fun concept. Least favorite- although I enjoy all SSL shows... BBSDCO and OTW and I'm just OVER 123! Enough already.
My favorite older shows are Sleeping Birdie, Let's Be Friends and Let's Play School!

I definitely know what you mean about the spark, but I think it also has a lot to do with our age, like you say... And I DO indeed miss the old light-up SSL sign. For the orginal WIGU, both productions of LPS and for Silly Dancing, they used the light-up ssl logo, with flat cartoon versions of Bert and Ernie peeking over... so cute :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Well this is how they did the cast last time RFA was on the theater circuit:
Grover/ Number 1
Elmo
Zoe/Gene
Telly
Rosita
Cookie/Oscar
Big Bird/ Number 0
Bert
Kay
Ernie-Kay
Baby Bear/Count
Understudies: Roxy/Grundgetta/Honker
Thanks for clearing that up. Who would have thought Grover would play a minor role in his own show!:stick_out_tongue: And surprise for me that Gene ACTUALLY required a performer, guess I didn't look into that that much when I saw it live, lol.

My favorite newer shows are EGT, EMM and ECB! Although WEGU has the BEST choreography. And RFA... or EHH, is the Funniest and prob most fun concept. Least favorite- although I enjoy all SSL shows... BBSDCO and OTW and I'm just OVER 123! Enough already.
Yeah, I must admit EGT took some time getting used to for me, but it has been one of the better shows they've done in a while, story wise and scenery. EMM (depends which E's your referring to LOL) ironically has to be one of my least favorites! The story was okay(espicially Bert's disco), but I blame that show for introducing that dreaded TV screen (is there another word to call it?). To think it's be almost a decade since they first used it though. I REALLY want them to ditch it, REALLY.

ECB was a fun show too. I LOVED the original when I saw it, since it was a departure from the norm (especially white Oscar & I loved Blanche!) . Hehe... I remember getting as souviners that year a blue t-shirt with Elmo dancing on it, a bendable Elmo figurine, SSL crayons (remember those?), the program (which I sadly lost), and a BB flashlight. :confused:...sorry went down memory lane for a second. To think I was so big on Elmo back then...

The revival was fun too, despite the lack of Big...ugh, never mind. You know.

I have fond memories of BBSDCO, mainly because we sat in the first row and to the far end of stage right, or our left, and if you saw the theater version of that show, you'd know Snuffy was on that side A LOT! We seemed so close Snuffy almost hit my friend with his trunk! LOL true story. Plus, we also got to see backstage a lot, however me being so young, I didn't really know what was going on. My mom has told me she saw one of the performers (supposedly Ernie) with the head of the costume off, but it didn't catch my eye...and I'm glad it didn't, hehe.

BtW, they need to bring Snuffy back, even in a newer show. After all, he's still a part of Sesame Street.

I definitely know what you mean about the spark, but I think it also has a lot to do with our age, like you say... And I DO indeed miss the old light-up SSL sign. For the orginal WIGU, both productions of LPS and for Silly Dancing, they used the light-up ssl logo, with flat cartoon versions of Bert and Ernie peeking over... so cute :smile:
I sooooo wish I was around to see that! Lucky.:stick_out_tongue: