The Muppet Mindset

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That was a good article. However, I don't think he's Marty Robinson's best-known character; I feel that his popularity is equal to that of Mr. Snuffleupagus, though I think Snuffy has been on the show less in recent years.

Telly is underrated, but it seems he's less underrated than Herry Monster or Prairie Dawn. Telly had featured roles in both movies, while the other two didn't. He was in Big Bird in China and Don't Eat the Pictures, but not the other two (though it seems like Prairie didn't really become a main character until the early 1990s).

I feel like I had another comment to make, but I can't remember what it was. I noticed that these weekly character profiles have a "why we need..." section. Considering this, I'd like to see you make an article on a more obscure character, like Lips, Mahna Mahna, or Angus McGonacle (he seems to be a favorite of yours, considering you've asked about him in a few interviews).

APRena

Reaction score
I've always liked Telly. He's so much like me (obessive, worrier, addicted to television...) and I loved that when I was a kid. One Easter I got a small Telly beanie-baby-esque thing and I still have it. :smile: He does need more merchandise, though.

No one can dislike Telly, there's a bit of him (or more in my case) in everyone, and that's what makes him so lovable.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
minor_muppetz said:
I feel like I had another comment to make, but I can't remember what it was. I noticed that these weekly character profiles have a "why we need..." section. Considering this, I'd like to see you make an article on a more obscure character, like Lips, Mahna Mahna, or Angus McGonacle (he seems to be a favorite of yours, considering you've asked about him in a few interviews).
There's a good chance of this at some point... but major characters are just so much easier. :stick_out_tongue: But I'll probably do more lesser knowns later on down the line.

Also... a little exciting moment for me. JHC's Twitter feed posted a link to the Mindset's Halloween costume review earlier today. I did a little fan-boy dance. :big_grin:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Ick. Though, I must admit, the article made me nearly pee myself from laughter.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Haha! Awww! I loved the articles (Who knew that inside Prawnie was a jaded anti-hood-mask monster?) and laughed out loud in my academic library (Tsk you, Prawnie!) but I did think maybe some of the hood-masks could have been excused...Personally, I never felt that they were eating the people and it just made sense to use them that way, after all, who wants to go out to a party and spend the entire night behind a sweaty face-mask where no one can even see your face or face expressions? Hmm...Perhaps I just don't under into the Spirit of things :stick_out_tongue:

Grover was especially cool :big_grin:

-Beau

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Nice to see another artist joining the ranks. Two little nitpicks though. The JHH character's name is Codzilla, not Godzilla. Also, Gloat—named as such—is from The Great Santa Claus Switch. Other than that I await next week's round-up.