Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

theprawncracker

Reaction score
heralde said:
I was "running away" from what I thought was unnecessarily rude. If someone wants to make a point, I'll accept it. But not in that way.
Right, and your almost EXACT post to me wasn't equally as rude. Adding a Kermit smiley doesn't make a comment any less rude. Your quaint little comment implied that your side of the argument was the "end of story," as if mine was invalid.

Don't dish what you can't take!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right, and your almost EXACT post to me wasn't equally as rude. Adding a Kermit smiley doesn't make a comment any less rude. Your quaint little comment implied that your side of the argument was the "end of story," as if mine was invalid.

Don't dish what you can't take!
Well thank you for explaining that, to be honest I'm very surprised. It was not my intention to be rude at all, seriously. I was trying to be diplomatic and end the conversation. I'm sorry if it did not come across that way. It is never my intention to be rude. I was saying the fact that we had different viewpoints was the end of the story. Not that yours was invalid.

You can believe me or not. But I'm going to stop coming here for awhile. It's too much. But rudeness is never my intention. Goodbye all...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I suppose that most of us fans are worried that with watered-down performances and cutting corners that the Muppets could suffer the horrible fate of Scooby-Doo has here. Ick. I don't care how well this is written, this is not a quality project. You'd think Scooby would demand some better value.

The Muppets deserve the best. Let's hope Steve and the gang come together for some fantastic Muppeting for this coming year.

Luke

Reaction score
Yes the puppetry seemed beginner. No the voice wasn't perfect.
If the puppetry is beginner and the voice is off .. what do you have left? a hand? lol

I don't think he was like early Jim at all .. to me, thats a bit of an insult to Jim. :eek:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I suppose that most of us fans are worried that with watered-down performances and cutting corners that the Muppets could suffer the horrible fate of Scooby-Doo has here. Ick. I don't care how well this is written, this is not a quality project. You'd think Scooby would demand some better value.

The Muppets deserve the best. Let's hope Steve and the gang come together for some fantastic Muppeting for this coming year.
Actually, that is a somewhat perfect example. Scooby Doo the Movie was never going to be exactly as good as the cartoon, but they got top quality performers and cast them to fit the characters in a perfect sort of way, but now they have a group of guys who don't even have the right hair colours or any acting ability. That's kinda what's happened here. No?

Luke

Reaction score
but now they have a group of guys who don't even have the right hair colours or any acting ability. That's kinda what's happened here. No?
True, they could never find anyone with hair like Steves :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You're a smart guy, Kevin. And this is a major issue for the future of the Muppets. So is this outlandish hypothetical really the best, most thoughtful comment you have to offer?

EDITED TO ADD:
Kevin, I'm sorry for calling you out. It's not meant to be personal. But there's already so much craziness going on in these discussions. You're a moderator -- actually, a "super moderator," whatever that means. I just would have expected you to bring something substantial to the conversation.
I never understood "Super" either, but I like it. I have seen that it is an actual title in the moderation panels. Go figure. I do know that I spend more time moderating than posting as a fan around here; which I touched on in another thread.

I agree, there is craziness in all these threads about the Steve situation, and I'm glad you found part of my point in my silly post about all the discussions. What if there were? There won't be--they did it a few years ago. The only people they kept after all the workshops were over were folks who were already working for The Muppets, even once in a while. Nothing came of it, nothing would. What's coming of all these discussions now? Nothing.

Everything is talking in circles on every forum thread about this topic, and what I'm adding to the conversation is as substantial as most of what others are saying or doing. So, you can see my point in my silly post.

Look on the other threads--everyone--and folks will see what I'm talking about. Conversation's gone crazy.

Nothing we say or do will change what the executives are going to say or do. We're fans, and we'll buy what they put out there and accept what they give us on TV or movies because we have no other choice.

Do I give up? Not really, as I feel certain that Steve will be back before long.

You have had conversations with folks from The Muppets performance troupe before: get those contacts going and find out what's going on. Let's get Steve back where he's supposed to be.

Frankly, folks, the conversations are all going downhill about Steve vs. Artie and are all full of negativity. I appreciate Kynan's response to my silly post being mostly diplomatically written. All posts about this topic should be diplomatically written.

I'm not going to knock Artie's performance at all. It was probably last minute and was good. But, while Steve is alive and well, as has been said, he's Kermit. As I said many moons ago: Jim wanted him to take the role--who can ask for a better reference than Kermit's creator?

And I feel the vibrations of a response or debate coming along. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I think the posts suggesting people contact Disney maybe did make a difference, at least to show there is an interested fanbase who notice these things. Maybe it won't change what they do, admittedly.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the posts suggesting people contact Disney maybe did make a difference, at least to show there is an interested fanbase who notice these things. Maybe it won't change what they do, admittedly.
I think it could help. I'm sure Disney's seeing where it's most efficient to cut costs with the Muppets (as with all the Mouse House projects). They need to know that replacing key Muppets is frowned upon. If Kermit can't make it (due to schedule or buget), see if another performer can bring out another Muppet. I'd love to see Scooter permanently recast and get some limelight. Don't you think Janice would be a thrill to see on Conan or Ferguson? Maybe Bill is availble with Pepe, Dr. Teeth or better yet - Rowlf. Lotsa possibilities. Bring the Muppets back to the Muppets! It's been known as the Kermit and Miss Piggy brand for too long.