1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Phillip Administrator

Just a reminder that this Wednesday night on NBC don't miss the Muppets on the season finale of America's Got Talent. The show airs at 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central. After their performance, post here and let us know what you think of the Muppets latest performance.

Here's the Youtube link if you haven't seen the appearance or would like to see it again...
  2. Muppet Loverr Member

Kermit sounds horrible! WHERE IS STEVE! I am positive thats not him!
  3. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Although the chickens are great.
  4. Gelfling Girl Active Member

I'm so glad I'm taping this! :):mad::flirt:
  5. ohtherain New Member

When Kermit said "I gave you my heart" I could almost say it was Steve but his singing told me it wasn't. The video with Sharon though was probably Steve. Eric was definitely Piggy in both and Piggy looked GREAT! Still waiting for Statler and Waldorf!
  6. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Maybe Kermit's finally getting swine flu. It was inevitable. :p
  7. ChellisPal Member

That was not Steve, he was much deeper then what we are used to. Any idea what happened?
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

what the HECKS up with kermits voice! :confused: That was not Steve. I thought it sounded funny when he said "Hi Ho" to piggy and sharron! :sympathy::confused:
  9. Muppetfan44 Active Member

I couldn't agree more. Kermit's voice sounds absolutely horrible- What are they thinking!

The whole idea behind it was super cute; love the chickens as always and piggy looked and sounded great, but oh kermit, what happened to your voice? That was an embarassment for kermit :( I really hope they fix his voice if they keep performing!

SOOOOO close to being perfect! :(
  10. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Hmm...why aren't THEY the judges on this show? (or American Idol, or even their own show?) :sleep::boo:
  11. kermiegirl New Member

I agree with you 100% I was so frustrated!:boo::grouchy::mad:
  12. jeremyactor New Member

You can tell it's not Steve purely from the lack of Kermit dialogue - it's 90% Piggy. If it was really Steve the scenes would have been written much better and Kermit would be doing more than nod.

Jeremy
  13. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

also not how kermit didnt do so much talking or even singing..Piggy did MOST of it if u think about gang :shifty:
  14. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That is what I was JUST thinking! That is DEFINITELY not Steve. That was weird. WEEEEEEIRD. Either Steve has a cold or he's so sick that he couldn't perform the frog. I'm... incredibly confused.

In other news... Miss Piggy was AMAZING. She sounded spot-on perfect. And I loved Kermit's "In Case Piggy Freaks Out" CD. Hilarious. If he had sounded... like Kermit, this would've been a perfect appearance.
  15. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Miss Piggy: :mad: Hi-Yah! :mad:
  16. ohtherain New Member

Wonder who will do Statler and Waldorf tonight? Maybe Eric will do Statler since Steve appears not to be there? Maybe someone who did one of the chickens?
  17. Muppet Loverr Member

Not only you know its not steve from the voice~ The puppetry itself was bad...

Well maybe it will improve as the show goes on!
  18. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Yes. Just that one tiny detail ruined it for us Muppet fans.
  19. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Yes. Another supporting detail to ruining it. *sigh*
  20. maniacal muppet Active Member

Haha. Likely.

But seriously, what was that? Were we really suppossed to fall for that? I mean, Piggy was lovely, the chickens were classic, the montage reel was a nice bonus, but Kermit dropped the ball at first base! I`m always glad to see new stuff with my favorite frog, but that..... was an impostor! Why wouldn`t it have been Steve anyhow, which it obviously wasn`t?