1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

And I really don't believe Steve was even there. Voice aside, the puppetry was not to his quality.
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Ditto. Steve was AWOL. Or... in this case, MIA. :p
  3. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

I'd give it 2 or 3 stars out of 5.
  4. Max'sbuddy'sDad

Max'sbuddy'sDad New Member

I think Kermit was great! I watched it several times and I think it sounds like Jim... and to me that's a very good thing. I am looking forward to seeing where this goes... Piggy was spot on too:)
  5. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

I am rewatching it... And .. Steve just has to be sick, i'm sure of it...

But what i am wondering, is why they got such a amateur performer to do Kermit. And they could have lip synced an old "Dont Go Breaking My Heart" performance...

SOOOO--> Miss Piggy was devine. She looked wonderful. Her Hair was great, outfit was great! Voice was great! Just wonderful
  6. theprawncracker

Agreed on all parts. I just rewatched it too. I can't tell who that is... but Kermit sounds like Scooter when he handed off the CD. So strange. Steve has to be sick. I completely agree.
  7. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

I would say Eric performance was pretty much perfect~ Could you tell me what was off. I am curious to know.
  8. theprawncracker

I agree that Eric was flawless here. If Steve had been here this would've been a perfect appearance. *sigh* Oh well. Next time. This is just a bump in the road.
  9. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

You guys know what stinks.... We get soo little appearances on TV, and they pull this. Pitty..

Sorry- i am posting to much
  10. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I agree with you. I thought Piggy was perfect! Her singing has improved so much and she looked great; She was wonderful!
  11. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

12. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

13. Don Music

Don Music New Member

Great review! Brings up a thought… does anyone know the Muppet’s connection to America’s Got Talent? I saw them on with Terry Fator two years ago and it seemed a little more relevant with that act. Seemed a little, oh, forced in tonight. Not that I’m complaining… I love seeing them get exposure. Just curious.
  14. majortom1981

majortom1981 New Member

hmm

Maybe with all the muppets stuff coming up steve was doing something else kermit related?
  15. Max'sbuddy'sDad

I believe he seemed stiff because he didn't have much dialogue other than that he was very much Kermit:)
  16. Max'sbuddy'sDad

Just a thought... if it wasn't Steve that is big shoes to fill. If we are Muppet fans and this is a new guy lets see what this guy can do with more script. The script seemed very one sided.
  17. muppetinsider

muppetinsider New Member

The actual song was a recording, the little bit of Kermit running up with the DVD was live, and did sound like David Rudman's Scooter. Most likely this was Rudman filling in for Steve, lyp-synching to Steve's recording.
    If someone knows different and for sure then please do correct me.
  18. theprawncracker

This is what I was thinking. It did sound just like Rudman... so... yeah, I'm thinking he was filling in.
  19. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

WHERE IS STEVE? i liked that song and everything about the appearance, but i want steve! he sounded horrendous. piggy did awesome. i just wish when kermit came into the dressing room, that she would've given him the classic karate chop, instead of chasing him away. that's what i thought was gonna happen, and i got excited, only to be let down. the chickens were awesome. it was over all a pretty cool appearence, but i just wish that STEVE WAS THERE! ! !
  20. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I just saw this and the difference was apparent immediately. All due respect to the performer who took on Kermit, though--that's a high profile and risky thing to do, so congrats to him for having done it.

But seriously, I hope this was just a case of busy / ill Steve. Not that I hope Steve is ill, of course, but it makes me incredibly uneasy to think about Kermit in anyone else's hands right now. I really LIKE Steve's Kermit. I'm comfortable with him--he's just Kermit! Anyone else doing new performances with Kermit would just feel phony to me.