Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

Haydensmommy

Reaction score
Oh my

The chickens were great. Any idea who they were? I do agree, Piggy is so much better but poor Kermit.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
You would think that if Steve was sick, that they would have just made it a solo-Piggy act. Or had Hasselhoff sing it with her.
Yes, but they had already publicized it as "Kermit and Piggy." They can't just rip the frog out. I think this is exactly why Piggy did all of the singing and Kermit just tossed in a line. He was probably meant to sing more of it.

The whole thing just felt awkward--except Piggy--and it's probably 100% due to the fact that Steve wasn't there.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Posted by Vic Romano
Eric has come a long long way as a performer. Piggy was great, and I loved the classic Muppet shots on the screen. Nice to see Muppet chickens mixing it up too.

If I have a complaint, it was the bumper with Sharon and Piggy. The Pig/Frog tension jokes have been wearing thin for a while now. I'm not saying they have to nix the tension, but at least try approaching it a little differently. Kermit's CD for Piggy was sweet though. Nice to see some tenderness
I agree. Eric is doing fantastic, and I am getting sick of the same ol' Kermit and Piggy schtick done in the same way, they definitely could have been more original about it. I really did love the CD Kermit had for Piggy and that Kermit and Piggy are showing tenderness on stage more and more often. They did that song on the Nick and Jessica variety show though so I wish they would have done a different song.

I'm going to be following this like a hawk. I think this is serious!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
And it's over...

They should have put some Statler/Waldorf comment after the credits.

ohtherain

Reaction score
No Statler and Waldorf; guess they found out Kermit's singing sounded terrible w/o Steve so they decided not to do Statler and Waldorf without him. Good choice. I can't imagine Eric doing Statler. They said they were going to have them in it though!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Okay... this is what I'm thinking.

Steve Whitmire has a sinus infection or lost his voice or... something. That's why we didn't see Statler and Waldorf. Because Steve was gone. They can easily take out a Statler and Waldorf moment, but you can't completely remove Kermit from a sketch built around he and Piggy. They had to pass him to someone else to mumble through the song awkwardly without Steve. That's my conclusion... and until I hear differently that's what I'm believing.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
No Statler and Waldorf; guess they found out Kermit's singing sounded terrible w/o Steve so they decided not to do Statler and Waldorf without him. Good choice. I can't imagine Eric doing Statler. They said they were going to have them in it though!
I guess you have a point there.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't know that this is as bad as everyone thinks. I agree, it wasn't a great performance, but it was good exposure. I am just as curious as everyone to find out what happened, and I suppose Statler and Waldorf were bumped too.

ohtherain

Reaction score
Okay... this is what I'm thinking.

Steve Whitmire has a sinus infection or lost his voice or... something. That's why we didn't see Statler and Waldorf. Because Steve was gone. They can easily take out a Statler and Waldorf moment, but you can't completely remove Kermit from a sketch built around he and Piggy. They had to pass him to someone else to mumble through the song awkwardly without Steve. That's my conclusion... and until I hear differently that's what I'm believing.
Yes, it was definitely something! Just want to know what because I don't like that Kermit!