Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score

Don Music

Reaction score
Great review! Brings up a thought… does anyone know the Muppet’s connection to America’s Got Talent? I saw them on with Terry Fator two years ago and it seemed a little more relevant with that act. Seemed a little, oh, forced in tonight. Not that I’m complaining… I love seeing them get exposure. Just curious.

majortom1981

Reaction score
hmm

Maybe with all the muppets stuff coming up steve was doing something else kermit related?

Reaction score
I agree with you 100% I was so frustrated!:boo::grouchy::mad:
Just a thought... if it wasn't Steve that is big shoes to fill. If we are Muppet fans and this is a new guy lets see what this guy can do with more script. The script seemed very one sided.

muppetinsider

Reaction score
The actual song was a recording, the little bit of Kermit running up with the DVD was live, and did sound like David Rudman's Scooter. Most likely this was Rudman filling in for Steve, lyp-synching to Steve's recording.
If someone knows different and for sure then please do correct me.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The actual song was a recording, the little bit of Kermit running up with the DVD was live, and did sound like David Rudman's Scooter. Most likely this was Rudman filling in for Steve, lyp-synching to Steve's recording.
If someone knows different and for sure then please do correct me.
This is what I was thinking. It did sound just like Rudman... so... yeah, I'm thinking he was filling in.

Nick22

Reaction score
WHERE IS STEVE? i liked that song and everything about the appearance, but i want steve! he sounded horrendous. piggy did awesome. i just wish when kermit came into the dressing room, that she would've given him the classic karate chop, instead of chasing him away. that's what i thought was gonna happen, and i got excited, only to be let down. the chickens were awesome. it was over all a pretty cool appearence, but i just wish that STEVE WAS THERE! ! !

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I just saw this and the difference was apparent immediately. All due respect to the performer who took on Kermit, though--that's a high profile and risky thing to do, so congrats to him for having done it.

But seriously, I hope this was just a case of busy / ill Steve. Not that I hope Steve is ill, of course, but it makes me incredibly uneasy to think about Kermit in anyone else's hands right now. I really LIKE Steve's Kermit. I'm comfortable with him--he's just Kermit! Anyone else doing new performances with Kermit would just feel phony to me.