See?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
This is an honest question. If Muppet Central can have fan fics where characters can profess their Christian conversion in detail, are we also able to write a fan fic about Scooter or some other character coming out to the Muppet gang? Of course, I mean in such a way that a Kermit and Piggy or Red and Gobo love story can be written without any inappropriate descriptions.
Well, it took me by surprise when WhiteRabbit and AnimatedC9000 had their Zoot&Lips thing going on in the Dorms (which was then repeated somewhat in Coming of the Roads). However, considering they aren't the most three-dimensional of characters, I welcomed anything that would give them some depth.

The closest I ever came in my fics, I think, was having Bobby Vegan mistakenly assume an adult Skeeter was actually Scooter in drag. In my view, VMX was "what the Muppets would clearly be without Kermit to distract them". So, Scooter coming out after that little dance in the alt-universe wouldn't really surprise me all that much. Of course, if we're talking non-main Muppets, And If That Diamond Ring Turns Brass IS about Bobby and Samson from Tinseltown. There are cameos from others, but it's basically all about them and how distraught they were to be told they couldn't be a family legally anymore. Foster ends up having to move back in with his biological mother and resents the whole thing. I wrote it in response to the Prop 8 thing in California and was rather disappointed in the outcome. So, while the ending of the fic is happy, it's also rather bittersweet. Sorry to plug that one so much, but I can't help it. :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
That's the true litmus test of balance at Muppet Central and if someone wanted to write such a story I'd support them. In fact, part of me would write one if I had the time and love of writing that others do.

I'm sure some members would make a case that sort of inclusion would be proselytizing, but to me it's a personal admission rather than an advertisement. It doesn't have the evangelistic element that religious fan fics have. It’s not, “I’m gay, it’s great and you should be too” as it is with a religious belief. It’s about honesty and inclusion. That’s an often made mistake.
Very well said .... and there are precedents for gay characters in the Henson/Disney universe .. Howard Tubman or Tinseltown. Yes they are very stereotypical camping it up but i think quite touching nonetheless.

Nick22

Reaction score
Exactly on the money. Again, I am not "Bashing" anyone here, but rather trying to mention the poor behavior of one in the past that many, many, many other members have had a problem with.
i understand. i get that you needed to make known that there is a member who is not behaving. i just read through three pages of comments. three pages? and i checked yesterday. i understand that the thread closure is a big problem, but now it's becoming more than it ever should've been.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To be honest, the Robot Chicken one was closed as a preemptive strike after 2 Fraggle Rock skit threads were closed. I understand what the Mods were thinking... but then again, the guy who was causing most of the problem on both threads was banned a while ago.

The AGT, well... that one got really really heated. And frankly, some even louder and angrier things were said after it was re-opened, but now everything seems to have settled down.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
To be honest, the Robot Chicken one was closed as a preemptive strike after 2 Fraggle Rock skit threads were closed. I understand what the Mods were thinking... but then again, the guy who was causing most of the problem on both threads was banned a while ago.
Honestly I don't think it was one person who caused that problem. The problem was that overall no one was able to just say "agree to disagree." Both sides of the argument just kept pushing. In the end, no one was right. That's just my opinion. :wink:

Nick22

Reaction score
so there was a reason for the closing of most of the threads? then why does this thread exist?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
then why does this thread exist?
Because I felt the need to go a little crazy to keep my sanity...

But I'm still shocked this thread hasn't been closed yet, but it seems like we're all delivering some senisble insights on various different issues.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Because I felt the need to go a little crazy to keep my sanity...

But I'm still shocked this thread hasn't been closed yet, but it seems like we're all delivering some senisble insights on various different issues.
It will be closed and deleted the minute we forget about it. :embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
so there was a reason for the closing of most of the threads? then why does this thread exist?
Does there need to be a reason? Its a forum, people are commenting. Nobody has piledriven anyone, yet ...

:halo: